News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Underground signals

Started by Vladki, March 01, 2015, 11:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hi, I notoced a problem with building signals undergroud. First - the default for allow_underground is different in standard and experimental, thus some signals (end-of-choose and one-way) could not be built everywhere. These signal aslo had wrong image assignment - positioning was wrong on diagonals and slopes. And there was no underground version of long-signal as well. All fixed in attached files.

jamespetts

Thank you for that: that is very helpful. Signalling is currently undergoing a significant overhaul in Experimental, and I am (slowly) in the process of producing new, left-handed graphics for all existing signal types as well as a range of new signal types that I am introducing to go with the new signalling system. Some existing types will change functions: the pre-signal will become a distant signal, and the long block signal will become a token block signal. I suspect in consequence that I will not be using the graphics that you have attached (which otherwise would have been very useful), but it is useful to note the issue.

As to the default for allowing underground signals: this was introduced in Standard after Experimental using, I thought, the same code. What is the default in Standard such that it differs from Experimental?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I'm not sure, but I think that in standard the default is to allow signal anywhere (bacward compatible), while experimental's default is build only overground.