News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

r7635: crash after loading a game from V120

Started by whoami, November 03, 2015, 05:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

After loading this savegame from V120, I get crashes e.g. when using fast forward. This is with Pak64.German and Windows 7.

DrSuperGood

This is a known issue and will be resolved soon. The release crashes when running in no_route_over_overcrowding mode due to a null pointer dereference. A fix for this issue has already been applied to the source. Hopefully a fixed release will be up soon.

The crash is caused by trying to modify the statistics of a non-existent destination stop. The reason this made it into the code was due to a lack of documentation detailing the resulting values for a route search with no_route_over_overcrowding enabled, specifically that it might not return a destination stop at all. Extra handling code was required for this case that will log the passenger/mail stats at a nearby stop when a stop is not available.

Unfortunately I am to blame for this particular crash. I failed to pick it up when testing because I had no "no_route_over_overcrowding" mode games.

Until the fix is released or propagates to nightly releases you can try disabling "no_route_over_overcrowding" to prevent the crash. Once the fix is released you can turn it back on. This is done by using the game settings window.

To access the game settings window navigate to "simutrans\pak64.german\config\menuconf.tab" and put the following on a new line anywhere in the document.
Quotedialog_tool[27]=,~

Dwachs

The fix is already in r7637, the build is not yet available.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

whoami

Thank you for the fix, r7640 works fine.

Quote from: DrSuperGood on November 03, 2015, 06:33:00 AM
To access the game settings window navigate to "simutrans\pak64.german\config\menuconf.tab" and put the following on a new line anywhere in the document.
And thanks for this additional information.