Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Error on loading

Started by kittens45, September 09, 2016, 02:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens45

now fatal error settings t::rdwr-()- Too many (26979) city roads

jamespetts

This is a totally different issue, so I have split the topic. This is an error normally encountered when trying to load an incompatible saved game. I cannot solve the problem from this description alone. I will need to know (precisely) how the saved game that you wish to load was generated. If it was generated by the same version of Simutrans-Experimental as you are using to load it, then there is some sort of error causing saved game corruption, and that can only be investigated by reproducing the error that occurs when the game is saved.

You really do need to give a lot more information in your bug reports if anyone is to have any hope of finding the problem.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kittens45

happens right after pak select

jamespetts

Try deleting autosave-[pakset name].sve from your ~/simutrans folder.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kittens45

happens after loading all the packsets I have

Borek

I get exactly the same error, it goes like this:
- selecting pak
- pak loads fine
- selecting language (this shoould probably show up on first run only, but now it pops up every time),
- simutrans proceeds to launch the game and immediately this error shows up, seconds later I get system message of frozen application,

First I used new exe in place of the older one (from 5th sept), then deleted all saves, then tried it in freshly unpacked Simutrans folder. Everytime it looks the same. For me it looks like new exe has a problem with config files, since it did not asked me for language earlier after changing just the exe.

Oh, and I'm using files provided here, as I'm unable to compile it myself - http://server.exp.simutrans.com/Devel-new-builds/. This enabled me to play the game again, so many thanks to whoever made this possible! I believe it's Ves or Vladki, not really sure. ;)

Ves

I confirm that this happens when downloading from "server.exp......devel-new".
Strange thing is that I have all the files on my harddrive as well, and that works just fine! So it must be an error I have made somewhere when uploading the stuff to the server.

Investigating!

edit: Strangely enough, it appears that there NEED to be an autosave in the gamefolder in order to make the brittish pakset work! If deleting my autosaves, I get the same error as reported in this thread. However, the swedish pakset doesnt seem to need any autosave nor default.sve in order to start and that is a puzzle to me! Nor do I remember this beeing an issue in the past?

What could be doing this?
For now, I will put an "autosave" as a separate file for download in the devel-new builds so you at least can get it working while this is beeing puzzled. The save is from the servergame.

Borek

Thanks buddy! Now it works fine. :D

I must add that for the 160907 exe I've made completely fresh simutrans folder and it failed. I've been using 160905 exe in my previous folder and there it worked fine, but as you've noticed there was an autosave file already.

So I did some experiment too and:
- made a fresh simutrans exp folder from the server,
- launched 160907 and 160905 there - both failed in the same way,
- launched 160829 which works fine anyway,
- generated some map end left the game just to generate any autosave,
- launched 160905 - works fine again,
- launched 160907 - works fine now!

So it looks like the problem might be between 160829 and 160905 exe versions. Thanks once again!

jamespetts

I wonder whether there is an incompatible demo.sve around somewhere? This might explain these symptoms.

Borek

Well, there is such file in pak128.Britain-ex folder (the one from server, 0.9.2 I believe) and deleting it is a magic charm here... Everything launches and seems to work well.
Maybe it's worth mentioning that pak128.Sweden-ex does not contain such file from the very beginning.

kittens45

Thanks! all fixed now

-------------

only worked once
where doe I exactly place that autosave file?

boofy

I had the same problem and deleting demo.sve from pak128.Britain-ex folder has fixed it

thanks guys

Borek

kittens45 - autosave should be placed in the main ~/simutrans folder where the exe is. But you can delete demo.sve from pak128.Britain-ex folder and it should do the trick without this autosve file.

Vladki

I have seen similar error when I tried to build city road (from the public player special tools) over an existing bridge. It crashed the server as well. Server restarted fine (returned to last save), but at the client I had to delete some autosaves. But I did not bother reporting. I did something unusual that crashed the game...

Anyway, I should update the zip with base files as well. But not now...