News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Re-using aircraft models for Pak128.Britain?

Started by jamespetts, April 25, 2017, 12:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I wonder whether I could ask something of a favour of the artists who have made some of the splendid aircraft for Pak128 - if any of them were rendered from a 3d model of some kind, would it be possible to re-use that model to re-render them to use those aircraft in Pak128.Britain?

Because aircraft are international in nature, it makes sense to re-use Pak128 objects in Pak128.Britain, and I note that many of the aircraft in this pakset are of high quality.

I cannot just re-use the .png files, however, as the lighting is different in Pak128.Britain, and in any event they are likely to need to be of a different scale. It might also be useful to change the livery.

Pak128.Britain uses Blender, but the 3d models do not have to be in Blender in order for me to be able to make use of them; anything that can export to Collada format should suffice.

For reference, the 3d models models for the following particular aircraft that I believe are originally from Pak128 (although it is in Pak128.CS - the Czech pakset - that I have observed them) would be especially helpful:

* the Comet;
* the DC-5;
* the Lockheed Constellation;
* the Embraer E-170;
* the Embraer E-190;
* the Boeing 377;
* the Boeing 737 (all variants);
* the Boeing 747-8 I;
* the Boeing 757 (all variants);
* the Boeing 767 (all variants);
* the Boeing 777 (all variants);
* the DC-8 (all variants);
* the DC-9 (all variants);
* the DC-10;
* the MD-11;
* the Junkers JU-52 (all variants);
* the Airbus A300 (all variants);
* the Airbus A340 (all variants);
* the Airbus A350 (all variants); and
* the Airbus A380 (all variants).

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Those are indeed taken from pak128.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

gauthier

All (or nearly all) these planes are made by Zeno. If he does not see this thread, you should try to send him a private message.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.