News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Trains go back at waypoint

Started by accord2, June 24, 2017, 03:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Hello,
I have a small problem here. In the save game you will see Bloxnell station. The trains coming from the left (monitor's left) can't go to the station at Rockingpike (monitor's right). I tried to create a waypoint between the two stations but when they reach the waypoint they just turn back. You already have two train in the area, so you can order them go to Rockingpike with the reverse schedule option. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/juhew8llgcjj9xc/Elsingstoke%2043.7.sve?dl=0
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Jando

Some time ago there was a problem with lines wrongly indicating reversing stops. It seems that this problem still exists on your line. A few stops (amongst them the waypoint you added) show up as reversing stops in the line editor, marked with [>>].

I'm not really qualified to give advise how to fix that sadly. Editing or re-creating the line might do the job.

accord2

Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

Accord - thank you for the report, and apologies for not having got around to looking into this yet.

Jando - thank you very much for taking the time to consider this.

There was indeed a problem with incorrect data being recorded for whether schedule points (i.e., stops) were reversing or non-reversing a short while ago, which has now been fixed; however, the game did not know whether any given saved game was saved before or after the fix was applied, so old schedules with incorrect data persist.

To check whether this is the problem, you should delete the schedule entries that are incorrectly marked as reversing and also those that are incorrectly marked as not reversing and re-create those parts of the schedule manually. If this solves the problem, then no further work is necessary. If this does not solve the problem, this may be a separate bug, and I will need to look into this further. Can you run this test and confirm the result? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AlejandroPacker

Hi @jamespetts,

Can you tell if editing the .sve file and changing the stops direction will work?

Thanks!

jamespetts

Welcome to the forums!

I cannot be sure whether editing the schedules in the saved game as I suggested above will work, as I have not had confirmation from the reporter of the bug as to whether this actually solved the problem. You can certainly try, however: if you could let me know the result, that would be helpful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.