News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

can i merge other paks with 128

Started by zacharyramone, November 17, 2009, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacharyramone

i just want the trains stations track briges and yeahh ?
can anyone help me ?

jonasbb

You can merge all sets with the same size.
But, it could be that the new objects lokk ugly in the set or that the new objects are not balanced.

zacharyramone

can you teach me how too or do you know someone whole could?

Spike

Just copy the pak files into the pak128 folder.

Some files depend on others, for example if a factory needs or produces some kind of good, also this good must exist in the new set (or must be copied as well).

zacharyramone

vilvoh

One doubt. There wasn't a new folder called addons, independent from pakset folders, where you can place your addons, or is it included in every pakset directory?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

The Hood

The livestock error as you describe it is because the goods types in pak128 are not the same as the goods types in pak128.Britain.  You will need to unmerge BritGoods.pak and then take goods.livestock.pak as well.  Alternatively, unmerge BritRail.pak and only take the vehicles you want.

unmerge = "makeobj extract [filename].pak" on the command line.

zacharyramone

could you talk me through it i have the file make objects aswell as a pakhelper????? :S ...

sorry i know im dumb

{ Please modify your post instead of posting a new one if you wish to add to the last thing you said -Isaac }

The Hood

Put makeobj in the folder with the pak file you want to unmerge.  Then in the command line, go to that folder and type:

makeobj extract [filename].pak

This will create lots of small pak files, one for each object.  You can then copy the ones you want.

Generally though, I wouldn't recommend mixing pak128.Britain with pak128 as (a) they don't look good together and (b) the cost balancing is very different, so you will get some strange effects...  Much better to have a separate game in each pakset.

PS don't double post - if you want to add extra info, just edit your last post.

zacharyramone

it wont let me write a command in it shows for like a sec and then diapears :(
or am i ment to write it somewhere else?

jonasbb

You must not doubble klick on makeobj.exe. You have to open the command line (start -> start program (or something else) and then tipp in cmd.exe. Then you have to go to the folder where makeobj.exe is in it. Tip "cd [PATH/TO/DIRECTORY]" replace "PATH/TO/DIRECTORY with the path to makeobj on your harddrive.

And then tipp in "makeobj extract [filename].pak"

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on November 17, 2009, 12:35:36 PM
One doubt. There wasn't a new folder called addons, independent from pakset folders, where you can place your addons, or is it included in every pakset directory?

This only works with newer Simutrans versions, but I don't quite know when the feature was finally working. (Might be that 102.2 already has it, then one can just make such a folder and it should work).

Combuijs

QuoteMight be that 102.2 already has it, then one can just make such a folder and it should work

Yes, 102.2 has this feature already (in this case directory addons/pak128)! Still the addons should be compatible with the base pak 128.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

zacharyramone

its in a folder on the c drive called new folder so to run it in commandpromp i have to type in [C:\newfolder\makeobj.exe] correct?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

You must first open a command prompt.

Then, navigate to the directory (e.g. "cd \newfolder")

Then run the command from the same directory that contains 1) the makeobj exe and 2) the paks in question

Václav

Quote from: jonasbb on November 17, 2009, 12:28:03 PM
You can merge all sets with the same size.
But, it could be that the new objects lokk ugly in the set or that the new objects are not balanced.

Not fully. Beware of:

1. size of vehicles - almost everytime they have different size (regardless of they have the same size of tiles, vehicles may be painted by different way and in bit else size and so they may sit on ways wrong)

2. files' and objects' names and packaging

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní