News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Price and Speedbonus

Started by stevenlim84, December 18, 2009, 02:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenlim84

Dear All,

I feel that PAK128 price and speedbonus is not balance in some aspect.

I try to run a post transportation company in simutrans. I planned to make it like a express courier company like DHL, FedEx or TNT. However, the amount of post and the revenue cannot support such company running separately. It seems the designer of PAK128 thinks post must be worked together with passenger in order to have enough income.

Really I against this design. It is because no one will send himself to another place by putting stamp at his back and go to post office wait for their transportation. I suggest the revenue and the amount of post should make post service to work separately.

On the other hand, I found that the speed expectation for railway is too high in the later game. The basic speed of railways is 210km/h in 2040. However, it is very hard to meet the speed for freight trains after 2000. Transporting goods by railway in later game means losing. I think it is not the original design for freight.

I understand the high basic speed is for high speed trains when the technology advance. However, this will kill the freight trains and metros (low speed underground city rail).

I suggest to decrease the speed expectation for railways in later game in order to have freight trains and other low speed connection trains. To balance high speed trains, I suggest to increase their running cost to prevent high profit generated from this.

Václav

At the beginning is transportation of passengers and post together in need but after some time may be transportation of these goods divorced (separated). I played with transportation of post one time but I eliminated post transportation for deficient of rail vehicles what could transport post.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní