News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Pak16?

Started by Wofic, May 23, 2010, 03:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wofic

Thinking of making a pak16-type pakset, Only I am horrible at pixel art.

stmaker

Wow... pak16 is **** small dude.

EDIT:

Oops... I have some mouthful there. XD
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Wofic

I knew someone would say that. and I said pak16 so only 256 squares can go wrong and what about the people with SMALL screen resolutions?
I have 640x480 resolution and pak32 is A BIT too big.

stmaker

Quote from: Wofic on May 23, 2010, 05:05:47 AM
I knew someone would say that. and I said pak16 so only 256 squares can go wrong and what about the people with SMALL screen resolutions?
I have 640x480 resolution and pak32 is A BIT too big.

Why won't you get a bigger screen?
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

VS

Pak32 a bit big? Umm... 32 is the last usable size. Below that, vehicles get too small to be seen on screen :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

pak32 isn't too big for a 640*480 screen. You can display more 32 tiles on your screen than I display 128 tiles on my 1600*900 screen, and it's not too big ;)

width : 640/32 = 20; 1600/128 = 12,5
height : 480/15 = 32; 900/63 ~ 14,3

mobo

I don't think the 32pix-tiles are too big for that resolution.

But the problem is, the menu is 704 pix broad right now.

Since we got 2 empty spaces, there might be a way to get below 640 just by editing the menuconf.tab. The bad thing is i don't know how it works and ther's hardly any documentation on this.

There are also vague plans to make the buttons smaller, but that's some more effort and you have to edit the menuconf tab too.

Edit: there is some documentation inside the menuconf.tab file itself. So maybe you can dig into this wofic, and find out how to shrink the menu, I'll supply the grafics and the rest.

jonasbb

Quote from: mobo on May 23, 2010, 09:32:24 AM
There are also vague plans to make the buttons smaller, but that's some more effort and you have to edit the menuconf tab too.
But this would be a small change. Only edit 2 values on the top of the file.

Here is an edited menuconf.tab for pak32.comic. The main menu has now the size of 640x32 pixel.

mobo

But i also have to change the graphics then. Since this was already planned once, some of them are already split off from their objects, and put in a separate folder, but not all. So I'd have to finnish this, and then shrink them all.

Gouv

Here is a 4x3 Tiles ( so kinda big) Building in pak16-Size.
As VS already said, Cars are pretty much unrecognizable >.<

mobo

Ok, found it, changed it, seems to work...

Put this menuconf.tab in your Simutrans\pak32\config folder.

mobo

Yes, it's easy to do, but if you dontt have the proper graphics, the buttons get cut off. Like on the picture, but you could still use it of course.

stmaker

Quote from: VS on May 23, 2010, 08:50:11 AM
Pak32 a bit big? Umm... 32 is the last usable size. Below that, vehicles get too small to be seen on screen :D

Yea ofc.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If someone who can make paksets decides that pak32 is too large, I highly suggest pak24, not pak16... :shrug:

stmaker

Ok! Pak24 :P

But it's too small still. :X

gauthier

pak32 is already very small ...
I can't play pak64 :D

Wofic

*facepalm* I have a big screen, and I said A BIT too big. not th the annoying stage though */facepalm*

VictorKoehler

I can not really spotting, if I find the 64 a little
small, 32 too small, imagine 16! ;D

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

Spartanis

and here i am thinking directly opposite.. wondering if pak240 be too big? *Laughs*