News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bigger level of zoomin

Started by eddielexx, August 05, 2010, 02:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddielexx

I wondered if there is any possible level of highr zoom, I don't care if it will look ugly, I just want to see it zoomed. Can I modify smth to get that?

skreyola

I think theoretically, you can develop a patch for this, yes.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

prissi

You can get 4x zoomed in and 8x time zoomed out. I fail to see the point of further zoom in ... try a nightly first.

skreyola

Quote from: eddielexx on August 05, 2010, 04:02:51 PM
how?
This is a community developed project, in many (most?) respects, so if you know how to program, write a patch yourself and submit it for consideration. I believe all the simutrans code is done in C and C++. If you don't know anything about programming, this is probably a doomed idea, as I've never seen a request for anything like it before (which indicates to me there's little interest in it, and therefore nobody who's likely to write the code for it).
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Spike

Eddie, since you are working on the Simutrans 3D concept, it might be good to check the current drawing code anyways. Such a patch could be a good training for getting a better understanding of Simutrans' code.

jamespetts

I suspect that any further level of zooming in would only make the graphics look rather blocky.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

I find myself sometimes wanting further zoomed out though!

prissi

Very easy to to this. Just look at simgraph16.cc rezoom_img(). You will need a better interpolations routine; you may find one in OpenTTD extra_zoom_level_branch (which make 4x with more advanced zoom function.)