News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Airbus A320 Family

Started by Milko, February 04, 2011, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hi

I'm trying to build airplanes for Pak128Britain.
I started with models of Airbus, in particular, I am dedicated to family 320.
This is my first attempt, an EasyJet A319 livery. In the future, other models will follow in the same family (recycle and adapt the model 319).
I enclose the 319 EasyJet to express your opinion (this is my first model and I need to improve the design).
Do you think that the colors are ok for pakBritain?
Things to be done in the graphic field:
Align the template.
Things to do in the configuration (the. dat file is still in draft):
Update the dates of introduction / withdrawal
Updating the fixed costs, variable, comfort and load time.
Update the cost of purchase.

Power and speed are what I took from the datasheet of the vehicle.

My idea is to achieve the following models / liveries.

A318 - British Airways DONE
A319 - British Airways DONE
A319 - EasyJet (differs from the previous in that it introduced later, more power, more passengers, poor comfort, lower variable costs plus fixed costs, less time to load), the idea is that this is preferable for EasyJet flights full load and are most often compared to British DONE
A320 - Thomson DONE
A321 - Monarch DONE

New A320 Cargo / Post - I'm thinking, actually A320 is not cargo but airbus is planning....

I am available for changes or suggestions.

One more thing ... the time available, I will take a little while to finish everything.

Giuseppe

Archon

It looks good.

However It is quite big. with same scale A380 would have 230 pixels wingspan.

Has anyone thought about plane scale?

64 meters / tile scale would make A380 160 pixels wide and save lots of buildings at airports.

jamespetts

My initial impression is that it looks rather good - thank you for making a start on aircraft! It is difficult to comment on the colours without seeing it in-game, however, and, so far, I have only had a brief look at the uploaded graphic.

As to the size - big is preferable if practicable, as aircraft are large in reality, so the closer that we can get to a consistent scale, the better. An commercial jet not much bigger than a railway locomotive would look silly, after all.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

A great start - a few comments though:

1) Scale - as Archon says a consistent scale is desirable.  Trains are 32m per tile.  The max we can have is 224x224 pixels. I'd go for 50m per tile, and see what that looks like.  Boats don't really have a scale, but things like the SS Great Eastern are massive compared to trains in real life but in game it's just not practical to have scales that even remotely match.

2) Colour - the whites look a bit bright.  I found when rendering in blender that pale greys give the best result - are you using the same settings as the rest of pak128.Britain?

3) There seems to be some black edging - this may look odd in game. 

4) Pure black should be used for windows, rather than blue.

Milko

Hi all

@James

I added a "dat" with the date of introduction very soon, the plane can also be tested using the standard example of saving pakBritain, I hope you can see it as soon as an idea to do with it.

@Archon / Scale issue

Scaling is the biggest problem. I used a scale of one tile 128px = 45 meters. In doing so, as you yourself say, the wingspan of an Airbus A380 would be 226.8 pixels. Using a scale of one tile  128px = 46 meters, the same wingspan would be 221.9 px (which may be in a tile of 224).
I would prefer that you use a scale of this order because the smaller planes as older ones, would be very small and therefore not very nice to see. For example, the Douglas DC3, which already is 20 meters long with 45 meters for one tile corresponds to 57px. Also in the future I would like to also do some Embraer aircraft or some kind of regional transport the ATR42/62, planes are not very large.
I would say, however, to address the issue of scaling well in this thread in order to choose the best value to be used then for all future models so that they are proportionally correct.
My proposal is one tile = 46 m corresponding to an A380 in a tile by 224px.

@ The hood
2) I'm using the template pakBritain (the one with lots of sun for instance http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/template-blend-128-Britain.zip) but about the other settings ... I do not know, how can I find them?
3) How can I get the edges of blacks? A hand-paint or are there filters GIMP or blender that can help me?
4) The side windows are blacks, but the front window is blue, you're right, turned it into black.

Giuseppe

The Hood

Milko,

If you are using the template file, then I just suggest that you make the whites a bit more grey.  I'd be interested to see how it looks in game though but I don't have time to test it myself. 

Re scale, I think that your 46m per tile seems reasonable.  A 224px A380 would just about work, and would look big, but then it is big so that's about right!

Milko

Hi

I'm trying to align the model using parameters "a" and "b":
EmptyImage[E]=./A319.0.2,a,b

For example:
EmptyImage[E]=./A319.0.2,-20,-10

Parameter "a" modify the alignement, parameter "b" don't modify anything.

It's a bug?

I'm using last makeobj-exp.

Giuseppe

Milko

Hi

Next version:
- black windows
- sound added
- more dark
- scale: 1 tile = 46 meters

Better?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

You refer to adding sound, but you have not uploaded a .wav file - was this intended?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hi

I simply added sound=aircraft-jet_stop.wav in the dat file, using the sound already present in the sound folder  :) , now the plane has a sound.  :)

What do you think of the problem of offset parameters I mentioned earlier?

Giuseppe

The Hood

Not sure why there's a problem with the offset parameters.  The new plane looks good - looking forward to a screenshot once it's in game succesfully - or I may try myself this weekend if I get time (big if)

Dwachs

Quote from: Milko on February 11, 2011, 08:47:34 AM
What do you think of the problem of offset parameters I mentioned earlier?
Giuseppe, could you test with the new makeobj 51 (for standard)? It is available at sourceforge. Could be that there was a bug that is now fixed.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Hood

It seems to work very nicely for me - I think it looks perfect in game.  Mind if I add it to the SVN?

jamespetts

That looks lovely in the game! Excellent to see aircraft at last. Good work, Giuseppe!

Milko

Hi

Well, I'm glad you like it. I therefore consider the graphical portion completed.

Ok to insert the SVN, this is where I hope.  :)

Now I'm thinking of the file. "dat ".... I need your help because I'm not very expert in balance.

I would also like to speak with you an additional argument: the alignment.

I was indeed talking about the problem in this tread http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6844.0.

When the plane stops in south-east or south-west of the stop box is more than half compared to when it stops in the north-east north-west. The problem manifests itself in all major pak, but it seems that the plane has stopped moving out of the stop.

I would say to leave unchanged the graphic and, at most, to include offsets in the file. "dat".

EDIT: I add a new ".dat" file.

EDIT2: A319 with new livery British Airways, some difference in the ".dat" respect EasyJet.

I append the two graphics and ".dat" files.

Ok to insert in the svn.

Giuseppe

The Hood

Excellent, I've added these two to the SVN and got a screenshot as a taster below.  I also used the BA version as the icon for air tools.  Balancing can wait for now.

Milko

Hi

I was looking the ".dat" in the svn.
The date of introduction of the A319 EasyJet should be modified  :), because the first flight was made in October 2003 (intro_year=2003, intro_month=10), before that date, easy jet used the Boeing 737.

Giuseppe

The Hood

I brought the date forward to 1996 as that was the first delivery date of the A319 - I know EasyJet bought theirs later but there's no reason to prevent the player from buying something earlier as long as it was available "on the market" then.

Milko

Hi

The first image of British Airways that I posted (now is in the svn) has a problem, there is a spurious blue line at the top of the fuselage, and the flag on the rudder is not beautiful. I public a better picture then you can replace that SVN?

For the date of introduction of the A319 is better to anticipate what the british airways rather than the easy jet, the model of British Airways has less power, less number of passengers, more running cost than the easyjet precisely because it reflects the first airplane models, then improved over time. In the standard pak features of easy jet obviate the need for the British because they are all improved.
To make comparable British Airways is set greater comfort than the easy jet, but this is only possible in the experimental version.

Giuseppe

The Hood

Milko

@Dwachs / James

Problem of the offset X, Y.

I tested the makeobj51 is ok, the offsets X and Y are working perfectly.

The problem manifests itself in makeobj experimental (I tested the last version), only works one of two offsets, the other is ignored.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Hmm, can you repost this as an Experimental bug report? Thank you for spotting this (although, it's rather curious, since I haven't modified any of the graphics routines).

Milko

Goooooood morning pak128

And now a new plane for the svn.

Airbus A321, Monarch airlines livery.

There are two intro date, one for the A321 market intro date and one for A321 Monarch first fly. Choose the date you prefer.

As for the A319, the characteristics of the aircraft were taken from data sheet / Monarch Airlines.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

The Hood

Milko

Milko

Hello

And now A318 British Airways.

PAX and airplanes characteristic are from A318 Data sheet, not from british airways characteristic (British airways has a all bussiness class A318 so pax are less).

Giuseppe

The Hood

kierongreen

Zeno

Hey guys, like how this planes look like with these liveries; they give a really nice "wide assortment" feeling ;)
One thing though... based on my experience I would suggest making all images same size; I mean, if the biggest plane you are gonna paint will be let's say 240 pixels, I would make all pictures 240x240, so you can later compile all them with the same "makeobj pak240 ./ ./" instruction. Just a suggestion. And keep that good work! :)

The Hood

pak128.Britain is compiled with a script, so it handles all of the different image sizes with different makeobj commands.  I just stick them in different directories...

Zeno

Well, take that in mind just if you want to keep all of them in the same folder, of course :)

Milko

Hello

Now I'm working on A320, I would paint also post and cargo using the A320 family.

I found this site http://www.aerlinguscargo.com/cms/publish/Fleet_Equipment/Fleet_Equipment_Overview.shtml, Air Lingus (is a irish company) is using A320 / A321 to transport cargo and mail.

I know that I'm painting for pak128.Britian, but may I use Air Lingus livery (or also other liveries) for post/cargo? or it's better to find a British company?

I'm unable to find a british company that use A320 family to carry post and cargo....

Giuseppe

The Hood

Aer Lingus is close enough I guess - there are certainly plenty of them to see in Britain anyway so if there are no truly British ones I would suggest go with that.

Milko

Hello

And now A320 Thomson Airways.

PAX, power, weight are from data sheet and thomson data.

In the second picture we can view the complete A320 (PAX) family.

Will follow cargo and post.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

The Hood

Excellent, looking forward to the next ones...

Milko

Hello

Sorry, but I realized only now that it did not fixed the special colors, I have indeed noticed that the night version of the models is dirty.
I try to fix and republish models including the red and green lights on the wings and the lights of the windows.

Giuseppe

Milko

Hi

I was finding that the vehicles have the versions without the windows lit at night.

In addition to cleaning up the aircraft special colors I must also add the lighting of the windows?

Giuseppe

The Hood

No.  Pak128.Britain style windows are very dark and don't match special colours unfortunately. 

Milko

Hello

I'm eliminating special colors from the models, I also fixed some problems I noticed after aligning the models with each other. The wings of my models have different colors because of my mistake in the settings of Blender, I'm equalizing. Moreover, the models "A319" do not have the signs of the doors, I'm working to add them.

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

I fixed the problems with airplanes:
1) I removed the special colors
2) I have standardized the colors of the wings
3) I aligned the edges of windows and doors

These models are updated, please update the svn, I regret the incident.

I inserted a picture on all the planes in the A320.

Giuseppe

The Hood

Thanks - I've updated the SVN.

greenling

The Airbus from Milko be are very nice.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Milko

Hello

Some time ago I made ​​a version for the A320 freighter. In fact, the A320 is not a cargo plane but is an ongoing process of conversion of some passenger A320 to A320 freighter. The planes are those resulting A320_P2F (pax to freighter).
The first models will be operational in 2012, so the result is a model airplane that does not exist now but it will be soon. In the file. "dat" the start date of production is in the future.

Space for 210 bags of mail. The allowable load on this plane varies from 7.4 tonnes to 17.8 tonnes depending on the variant.

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

Now I would like to publish technical specifications of the aircraft that I have proposed and liveries that I made.

A318-100

First delivery            10/2003
Last delivery            still in production
Pax                       107 / 117 (only one class) / 136 (max)
Engines               96kN (vers 111- year 2003) / 100kN (112-2003) / 98,3kN (121-2007) / 105,9kN (122-2007)
Operational empty weight (OEW)      38,7t
Max fuel                         18,8t
Max take off weight (MTOW)      56t-68t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)           53t-54,5t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      14,2t-15,7t (to test max fuel constrain)
Cost                  62,5M$
Economical Cruise speed         828km/h
Max cruise speed            871km/h

Versione british
First delivery         08/2009 (first fly)
Last delivery            ?
Pax               32 (businnes class only)
Engines               100kN (112-2003)

Giuseppe

Milko

A319-100

First delivery            04/1996
Pax               124 / 134 (one class only) / 156 (max)
Engines               98kN (111-1996) / 100kN (112-1997) / 97,9 (113-1997) / 105kN (114-1997) / 120kN (115-2002) / 97,86kN (131-1997) / 106,75 (132-1997) / 117,88 (133-2002)
Operational empty weight (OEW)      39,8t
Max fuel                             18,8t
Max take off weight (MTOW)      64-75,5t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)   57-58,5t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      17,2-18,8t (test max fuel constrain)
Cost                  74,4M$
Economical Cruise speed               828km/h

Versione british
First delivery            10/1999
Pax               132 (two class)
Engines               97,86kN (131-1997) / 106,75 (132-1997)

Easy Jet 319-111
First delivery            10/2003
Pax               156 (una sola classe)
Engines               98kN (111-1996)

Milko

A320-100/200

First delivery            03/1988
Pax               150 / 164 (one class only) / 180 (max)
Engines               111,2kN (111-1988) / 97,9kN (211-1988) / 117,9 (212-1990) / 120kN (214-1996) / 100kN (216-2005) / 111kN (231-1989) / 117,88kN (232-1993) / 117,88kN (233-1995)
Operational empty weight (OEW)      41,3t (-1,5t se cargo)
Max fuel         18,8t
Max take off weight (MTOW)      66-78t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)   59-62,5t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      17,8t-21,3t (test max fuel constrain)
Cost                  85M$
Economical Cruise speed         828km/h

Versione thomson
First delivery            03/2004 ("first choice")
Pax               180
Engines               120kN (214-1996)

Versione aer lingus
First delivery            06/2000 (pax)
Pax               174
Max payload         17,8t (max payload); 7,4 (MTOW 66)-19,4 (MTOW 78) with max fuel (MTOW-MAX FUEL – OEW)
Spinta motori               120kN (214-1996)

Milko

A321-100/200

First delivery            01/1994
Pax               185 / 199 (one class only) / 220 (max)
Engines               130kN (111-1995) / 140kN (112-1995) / 139,67 (131-1995) / 150kN (211-1997) / 130kN (212-2005) / 140kN (213-2005) / 146,8kN (231-1997) / 139,67kN (232-2005)
operational empty weight (OEW)      46,9t
Max fuel         18,6t
Max take off weight (MTOW)      78-93t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)   69,5-73,8t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      22,6-26,9t (test max fuel constrain)
Costo                  99,7M$
Economical Cruise speed               828km/h

Versione Monarch
First delivery            03/1999
Pax               220
Engines               146,8kN (231-1997)

Sorry for 4° post....

jamespetts

Aircraft converted from passengers to mail/cargo? A perfect candidate for Experimental's upgrading feature, I think!

The Hood

Finally added to SVN - sorry for the long wait!

Milko

Hello

@James & The hood

I wanted to ask some changes to the Airbus 320 family, which has been loaded the SVN.

I have indeed mentioned in the file. "dat" the weight of the aircraft incorrectly.

It tells you the correct values ​​for each aircraft type, please fix in svn want them.

A318 - British Airways: weight = 48 tonnes
A319 - British Airways / easy jet: weight = 49 tons
A320 - Thomson fly / Aer Lingus: weight = 51 tons
A321 - Monarch Airlines: weight = 56 tons

These weights include the weight of the airplane more than half the maximum amount of fuel loaded.

We also indicates the correct values ​​for the power of engines:

A318 - British Airways: power = 22960
A319 - British Airways: power = 24580
A319 - Easy Jet: power = 22500
A321 - Monarch: Power = 33810

Sorry for the inconvenience, however, so all features are in line with those who are actually flying the aircraft in our skies.

Thanks

Giuseppe

Milko

Hi

@James and @Thehood

I wanted to ask if you could make changes that I asked in my previous post (20/04).

:)

Thanks

Giuseppe

The Hood

As ever, changes are welcome.  If you can provide replacement dat / png files as appropriate, all the better :)

Milko

Hello

These are the files for the version pakbritain experimental, will follow those for the standard version.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Thank you for that - on Github now.

greenling

Milko
The A320_AerLingus_Cargo.PNG looks very good and niice out.
With new plans be got a colorful game!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

I've incorporated these updates into Standard now.

Tha1337er

Finally, we have aircraft in the standard pak?
Pak128 Britain FTW.