News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

No Simutrans 110.0 release for Mac

Started by alexbaettig, February 15, 2011, 09:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

I saw on the forum and on the simutrans.com site that there is a new release available, but when one clicks on the links to download it there is no version for mac (ppc or intel) available. Is this intended?
I really don't know if this is the right place to post this... ??? Thanks of any answers!

prissi

No MAC, no possibilty to compile. I send werniman a mail to compile. Maybe Dwachs can upload tomorrow or so.

Ashley

Quote from: prissi on February 15, 2011, 11:50:00 PM
No MAC, no possibilty to compile. I send werniman a mail to compile. Maybe Dwachs can upload tomorrow or so.

Prissi, I have a Mac Mini which doesn't do an awful lot at the moment (it mostly just downloads things at night). I could set up a remote access account for Simutrans development - testing/compiling etc. if this would be felt to be useful for the project.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

jamespetts

Quote from: Timothy on February 17, 2011, 11:32:48 PM
Prissi, I have a Mac Mini which doesn't do an awful lot at the moment (it mostly just downloads things at night). I could set up a remote access account for Simutrans development - testing/compiling etc. if this would be felt to be useful for the project.

Would there be any possibility of Simutrans-Experimental builds for the Mac in the same way as they are currently produced for Linux?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Quote from: jamespetts on February 18, 2011, 12:09:17 AM
Would there be any possibility of Simutrans-Experimental builds for the Mac in the same way as they are currently produced for Linux?

How are they currently produced for linux?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

paco_m

Quote from: Timothy on February 18, 2011, 02:59:12 PM
How are they currently produced for linux?
with gcc and necessary libs (sdl, ...) I guess, at least I make it this way and it is easier than downloading the binary :D

Ashley

If the main Simutrans development team feel that such a machine would be useful and I set it up it'd be reasonably easy to grant access to the experimental team too.

wernieman

I plan to build it on Tuesday.

Bud .. if you can give an up to date compiler it would be wonderfull ....

It was not easy to set up the cross-compiler for mac.
And I must update the cross-compiler :o ... it need time ....

Cross-Compiler to Windows is not the Problem. For this exist packages or similar for the most Linux-Distris
I hope you understand my English

Dwachs

@Timothy: yes such a machine would be usefull. If someone knows how to compile on it :)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Dwachs

Thanks to wernieman,

the release of 110.0 for Macs are ready for download. Links here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6870.0
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.