News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

There is just one thing that turns me off about Simutrans...

Started by LOPAN, March 09, 2011, 08:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOPAN

It is a great game, but what bothers me is simply the lack of diagonal roads. It is just too ugly to lay roads in that jagged style.

The game is already in a mature status. Is there any special reason as for there is no support for diagonal roads?

Thanks.

mwoodburn81

what pakset are you using?    pak128 and pak128.brit has diagonal roads.  I recommended one of those two for you

LOPAN

Really? I didn't know that. I am using pak64.

I'm going to give it a try, but it seems there isn't a version 110 compatible 128pak yet.

VS

128 does not have diagonal roads. Anyway, these have been made and can be downloaded somewhere, for practically any base tile size.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

paco_m

Quote from: LOPAN on March 09, 2011, 09:01:38 PM
I'm going to give it a try, but it seems there isn't a version 110 compatible 128pak yet.

All old paksets are compatible with version 110. Paks exclusively created for 110 won't work with earlier versions, that's all.

IgorEliezer

Simutrans builds orthogonal roads by default. If you want to build diagonal roads, use Ctrl+Click to force Simutrans to build them.

LOPAN

I got the last 128pak and attempted the Ctrl-Click step, but it stills lays jagged roads instead.

DirrrtyDirk

Just what VS said:

Quote from: VS on March 09, 2011, 09:03:24 PM
128 does not have diagonal roads. Anyway, these have been made and can be downloaded somewhere, for practically any base tile size.

That's the current situation. But there will be new roads for pak128, hopefully soon...

And these will have diagonals, as can be seen here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3233.msg55195#msg55195

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

An_dz

Want diagonal roads? These paks have diagonal roads:
pak128.Britain
pak128.Japan
pak192.comic
pak96.comic
pakHD
pakExcentrique

skreyola

One of the pak64 addons has diagonal roads. Can't remember which or where... think it's the one with streetlights.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.