News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[0.8] brewery bug

Started by ӔO, August 27, 2011, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

the one available from 1750 takes in wood chip instead of wooden planks.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm, in my .dat file, all of the early breweries take woodchip; what would a brewery do with planks?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

well, I thought it was for the wooden barrels.

I'm not too familiar with breweries, but where is woodchip used?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - actually, you're probably right. I'll amend that for the next release. Thank you for the report!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

wlindley

I believe the woodchips were added as fuel for the fires.  Planks, in a lower quantity, could reasonably be used as well. 

jamespetts

Hmm - interesting. Were breweries powered by wood chips? If so, I'll revert.

AP

Sorry to resurrect, but in 1750 Sawmill is still producing woodchips. Brewery appears to consume planks, as does Builder's Yard. (i.e. nothing consumes the woodchips).

jamespetts

Ahh, interesting. The builder's yard should certainly consume planks, as one cannot build much with wood chip. The idea for the brewery is that it needs planks for barrels, I think. Do people think that it should also consume wood chippings?

wlindley

The early brewery should use woodchips, as fuel for the heating process. The only use of planks might be for barrels, but vastly much more woodchips would be used than planks.  With planks having two other consumers and woodchips having none, the change seems sensible.

The early Pottery might arguably also use woodchips for fuel to heat the kilns.

reference: Brewing

jamespetts

I have changed the breweries - thank you for the research.