News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Incorrect Top Speed For Jenny Lind 2-2-2

Started by dave62, November 16, 2011, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave62

Pak128.Britain-Ex v0.8.2, in the depot dialog the Jenny Linds have a stated top speed of 95 km/h, but never go faster than 70 km/h, even on improved wrought iron track.

In standard the depot gives the correct information of 70 km/h.

David

Milko

Hello

The locomotive pulls wagon with maximum speed limited to 70km/h?

Giuseppe

dustNbone

I've seen cases where the loco had one speed and the tender had a different speed.  Can't remember off hand where.

dave62

Giuseppe,

Yes that's correct. The fastest the Jenny Lind engine can pull any wagon is 70km/h, but depot states that it should be 95km/h, but see below.

dustNbone,

Having gone back and checked, that is the problem. The Jenny Lind tender has a top speed of 70km/h and therefore that's the top speed of the whole convoy.  I hadn't thought of that.  Don't know if this is intended or whether it's a bug, but someone will know.

Thanks for the replies.

David

jamespetts

Oops - had not spotted this until now: apologies. Dave and DustNbone were correct - I had altered the speed to 95km/h (which speed is based on research as to the locomotive's actual top speed), but forgotten to change the tender. That should be fixed in the next version. Thank you for the report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

dave62

Hi James,

Thanks for fixing this.

Best wishes,

David

omikron

Hi James

It seems like this change was not done yet, although the pakset has been updated. The 'Jenny Lind' tender is still max speed 70 km/h

omikron

jamespetts

Are you checking Github or the released binary pakset?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

omikron

jamespetts

Ahh - I've updated it in my local files, but have not issued a new release yet.