News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Boats & Depot pricing.

Started by AP, January 22, 2012, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi James

Was just purchasing ships - the pricing in the depot seems to be different than that being charged to the bank when purchasing. I just bought a PS-Comet steam ship, and instead of being charged the advertised price of $21772, i was charged (I assume) the reported vehicle value, which is listed now as $43502. Clearly that somewhat messed up my financial pricing. It looks like the boat has a compuslory 'trailer' "mail deck" - don't know if that accounts for the disrepency, but it didn't say it in advance, so rather messed up my spending plan - presumably a 'bug' rather than a 'feature'?

Obviously I reported to you yesterday that the wherries have an empty weight of 17ton but a loaded weight of 35ton, which means they get stuck on rivers with a 25ton maximum draught.

Also - in the ship (sail) depot - there are a lot of sailing ships but no sea-going passenger vessel - wasn't sure if this was an accidental pakset omission (given all the other ships) or because one hasn't been drawn yet.

AP

jamespetts

AP,

thank you for your reports, and well spotted! The PS Comet does indeed have a compulsory mail deck, so it really ought not cost extra. I have set the price of this for zero for the next release. The river maximum draught I have already increased to 40t for the next release, as already discussed.

As to passenger sail ships - this is a pakset shortcoming: the ship timeline is still somewhat incomplete. We will probably get around to it eventually, but we have a large amount to do and not much time in which to do it, so if anybody would like to draw more passenger boats, this would be greatly welcomed, and anyone so volunteering will be rendered all due assistance, including template .blend files and automated exporting scripts.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Benedikt

QuoteAs to passenger sail ships - this is a pakset shortcoming: the ship timeline is still somewhat incomplete.
Sorry to highjack this thread.

There is a passenger ship now, the East Indiaman.

I have just started a 1750 game with the intention of playing with a large ocean. I wanted to use the East Indiaman for passenger transport. Unfortunately it is not profitable even when on beginner mode and fully loaded. I realize that it can also transport mail and cargo so it probably would be profitable even when fully loaded. Maybe it is intentional but what about creating a passenger only Indiaman (with a small mail deck). Afair these large sailing boats were used for passenger transport (low comfort level should be set, of course).