News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Trains blocking themselves after saving the game

Started by archchancellor, February 15, 2012, 10:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archchancellor

Hi,

I've run into a strange bug, where after I save the game, all trains that were moving when I saved the game become stuck (trains stopped in stations do not suffer from the issue). The reason seems to be that they are waiting for clearance, but the way ahead of them is already reserved for them (see screenshot). Using the block-clearing tool the trains can be un-stuck, but changing the trains' schedules has no effect.

I'm running the latest 10.x branch on Linux 64 bit.

Best Regards,
Mark

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't reproduce this. This might have been fixed by a recent update to the 10.x branch - would you mind re-pulling and re-testing?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ras52

I'm afraid I can't duplicate this with the latest 10.x on 32-bit Linux with pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.3.
Richard Smith

dustNbone

I was noticing something similar on the network game.  Some of Junnas' lines that had level crossings would be jammed when I connected, but I'd disconnect and reconnect (forcing a save/load on the server) and they would start working again.  I suspect it may be related to the jams I would get at some of my platform choose signals (which I corrected by reconfiguring the signals) where it seems the convoys would forget they were stopped at a signal for some reason and try to proceed upon the game starting up after load.  I found it hard to duplicate as well, because it seemed somewhat random.

jamespetts

Hmm - very odd. I wonder whether this problem might also exist in Standard...?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

archchancellor

Pulled the latest 10.x from Github today and the issue is gone. Happy days.

jamespetts

Excellent! That is probably Richard's work to fix the heap corruption issues.