News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Black Squares on map

Started by Jon120, March 09, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon120

When I start a new game and after the building sites turned to buildings. Where one particular building should be, a black square is instead. My train of thought is that is it not loading the building graphic correctly. I have included a picture of the problem and building in question. Any help to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated. I am using simupak64-111-3 on XP 32Bit operating system.

Dwachs

You should try to update pak64, 113-3 is fairly old.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Which version of Simutrans itself do you have? If it's a new Simutrans and old pak64, there might be a compatibility issue. An old Simutrans and a newer pak64 also does not work.
Does this happen repeatedly, or is it just this one time?

Combuijs

This is building COM_12_04. It was indeed a bug in older pak64 versions. If you upgrade pak64 to the latest version this bug is repaired.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Jon120

I haven't updated the game engine since I got. I downloaded the new 64 pak, every time it tries to load it, it crashes. Is this the compatibility issue you warned me about?

Ters

In general, you can't use a newer version of a pak set than Simutrans itself. It might work, it might even work most of the time, but there are no guarantees. (The same applies to save games. Once you've used a newer Simutrans, you can't go back.) Simutrans should say that the pak set version is unsupported, and refuse to start.

A newer version of Simutrans than the pak set should be possible, without black squares.