News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

TileCutter 0.5.8 Release

Started by Ashley, March 22, 2011, 02:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

A new release is available, please see here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7165.0

If you do encounter any issues while using TileCutter please submit a bug report by posting in reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Circumstances and description of the issue
2. tilecutter.log and TileCutter5.exe.log (if present) - These can be found under "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\tilecutter\" on Windows, "~/Library/Logs/tilecutter.log" on OSX and "~/.tilecutter/tilecutter.log" on all other platforms.
3. Copy of the tilecutter.config file - This can be found either in the program's installation directory, at "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\tilecutter\" on Windows or "~/.tilecutter/tilecutter.config" on all other platforms.

Release 0.5.8
ADD: Completely new save format (JSON-based)
    Older files can still be opened, but all new files will be saved in the new format
    New format can be edited by hand if you are careful
CHANGE: Much better code layout and optimisation (ongoing)
FIX: Further Unicode issues which should now be fully resolved
FIX: Opening files again works
CHANGE: About dialog now has no button and closes on any key press
CHANGE: UI layout minor tweaks to look better cross-platform
CHANGE: New larger icons for controls
FIX: Flickering when language changes
FIX: Changing language now resizes the main window properly
ADD: Better hashing system for projects (to check changes) built into new project

Known Bugs
- Panel display bug when choosing different languages, workaround is to resize the window
- Handling of Unicode paths on Windows still isn't perfect - will be fixed in next version

What's new
Completely new save format with much better forward-compatability. This will make it a lot easier to add new features.
Bigger UI icons for a more attractive interface

What's coming in the next version:
Max OSX distribution with native App and distribution
MSI installer for Windows
And lots more!

Notes

Please see here for TileCutter documentation

All the paths in the main window are relative to the project save location path. This is intended to allow you to put all your work files in one directory, and then to be able to move or zip that directory and send it to someone else while preserving all the links to the images. Also note that the images are not saved with the project file, only links to them are (this may change at some point).

It's also worth pointing out that in order for the one click exporting to work (e.g. makeobj integration) you need to have filled out the correct details in the dat editing window. The image array information is automatically generated and appended to whatever you type into this box.

Download
You can download this release of TileCutter from the following link:

TileCutter_win_0.5.8.zip (5.4 MB)

You can also download a source distribution:

TileCutter_src_0.5.8.zip (232 KB)

NOTE: The source distribution requires that you have Python 2.6 or better installed already, and depends upon the wxWidgets library.

And you can check out the source for this release from the SVN, using this URL:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/tags/0.5.8/

And the current latest version from this one:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/trunk/

I recommend upgrading to this version over all previous versions of TileCutter, especially the 0.3 branch.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Václav

I downloaded and tested it few moments ago - it runs by me.

-->
Tested version was Python source, not Windows exe.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

mEGa

Hi,
It runs by me too (under Linux). But I don't see the french language... Is it too early to include my translation, or is she incorrect?
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Václav

A is right - it is too early. I made translation for my language during improvements of version 0.5.6 but still there is not included final version as is possible to do that - because in SimuTranslator are not present some texts needed for TileCutter - as Igor Eliezer found.

vilvoh

I really like the new interface for this version. It's very neat and clear, all buttons straight to the point. Great work, Timothy! ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Ashley

Vaclav/mEGa sorry that was an oversight on my part, I forgot to download the latest set of translated texts before making the release. I will be sure to do so before the next one however (which should be soon when I have added some new features).

Vilvoh - thanks for the feedback :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

IgorEliezer

I just <3 the new interface.

But, I have a question: I'd like to translate the Menu names. Is it possible?

EDIT: the translation for "Load same image for all" isn't displayed.

Ashley

Some translations are missing from SimuTranslator actually, I'll fix that so that these strings can also be translated (e.g. the "same files for all images" menu item and the "Reload Image" button).

I am glad the interface tweaks are so well received :) It's looking really good on the Mac now too I'll have to get a Mac release out.

Václav

Quote from: Timothy on March 23, 2011, 08:57:12 AM
Vaclav/mEGa sorry that was an oversight on my part, I forgot to download the latest set of translated texts before making the release.
From my side it is not needed to you feel bad for this.

mEGa

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on March 23, 2011, 05:51:03 PM
From my side it is not needed to you feel bad for this.
I'm agree with Vaclav, it's not so important ;-)

Ashley

I've added new translatable texts into SimuTranslator for some new fields in the program (as well as things like the menu items and buttons which were not translatable before). Please do translate these new items if you have time and I'll include them with the next release which is due soon.

mEGa

Quote from: Timothy on March 29, 2011, 10:53:22 PM
I've added new translatable texts into SimuTranslator for some new fields in the program (as well as things like the menu items and buttons which were not translatable before). Please do translate these new items if you have time and I'll include them with the next release which is due soon.
Hi Timothy,
The french translation is commited.

Václav

Czech is full too - in range of possibilities.  :)