News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

New game using isometric tiles and procedural rendered 3D

Started by prissi, June 15, 2016, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Unfourtunately you can only watch videos; but those looks as if somebody too indeed the 2D tile based terrain and combined it with a procedural render: http://monade.cz/info/ Very impressive videos and maybe still easy enough to handle and large engough for fun; but not sure when and what one can buy.

Ters

I'm impressed at how non-obvious the tiles are in the realistic rendering mode. It mostly reveals itself vertically, by the fact that slopes are jerky and unrealistically steep for railroads, which causes a bit of uncanny valley effect for me still. If you get to see more of the world, the restricted building rotations will probably also hint at the tile grid. I would like to see how building in the mountains works. One shot of the suspension bridge shows that there are more than one steepness, but not how many they are or how they appear in build mode.

It also shows how much detail one can render on modern hardware when done right.

kierongreen

Nice graphics, I wonder how large a world is supported though...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Wow. It's really pretty. Impressively pretty.

It's hard to tell if it'll be too repetitive from this little bit of video. I agree that there's a bit of uncanny valley going on (to abuse the term, although "valley" makes it funny since it's the unrealistic slopes that are a large contributor).

Obviously I'll say what I think most are probably thinking: If we could have the depth of Simutrans with a visual system like that... it'd be mind-blowingly amazing.

But we also need one-way roads and double-track in addition. :D

Magpie

Seems that the game got a new name: Mashinky and has made it to the Steam greenlight. Early access is scheduled for Q1 2017. link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821959155