News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

convoy replacement bugs and improvements

Started by Vladki, September 23, 2017, 03:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

1. in depot window if I hover over vehicles in an assembled convoy, I can see the vehicle details in the bottom of window, just as for vehicles that are available to be bought. But in replacement window, I can't... It would be nice if both windows behave the same

2. It would be even better if vehicles taken out of the current vehicle appear with numbers, like they do when you disassemble convoy in depot. It is easier for navigation, if you want to add some more vehicles in the middle of convoy and not to replace them with new ones. Moreover it would be nice if it shows available vehicles in depot, but I understand that it is hard to choose which depot's content to show.

3. replace all in line does not work well for railways, due to reversals. It will replace only those convoys, that are in the same direction as the one that you are replacing. Reversed convoys are considered to be different and thus not selected for replacement.

4. To solve #3, a new option to replace all convoys on the same line even if they are not same could be added.

5. What is the purpose of :Replace cycle, sell and skip values in replacement window ? I could not find them in in-game help.

Thinking further on ideas from here: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17387.0

6. it would be nice to be able to somehow mark a station in timetable as "terminus", with default being the first one. This should be the station that is closest to a depot. A vehicle that is sent to depot for replacement, or via details/retire, will load only cargo for stations up to (and including) the terminus, and only after unloading them will go to depot. This will make replacements more evenly spaced, and will avoid situations, where a train will unload all cargo ASAP, travel empty over the whole map to visit a depot, and travel empty back to continue the schedule, where it unloaded.