News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

MAybe less verbose suggestions to actual forum categories?

Started by prissi, April 18, 2012, 01:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Just imagine a newcomer, who must read now ten paragraphs of infomation on the forum boards. Imho this description should exceed a single line only in rare cases.

cheesehead

When I started in this forum two months ago, I found the paragraph descriptions very useful, clear, and well-written for newcomers.
I still do.

Longer descriptions are more welcoming to many new users, though of course different personality types will interpret conciseness differently.

Fabio

The descriptions were rewritten just to help new player finding their way into the forum.
Their style differ from Community section to the other sections, because Community is where we expect newcomers to post first.
IMHO the problem of a newcomer is: where do I find things? And where do I have to post if I want to? A longer descriptin can help them finding their way, as cheesehead said. But maybe more opinions are needed here ;)

kalipatria

Quote from: Fabio on April 18, 2012, 03:01:30 PM
The descriptions were rewritten just to help new player finding their way into the forum.
Their style differ from Community section to the other sections, because Community is where we expect newcomers to post first.
IMHO the problem of a newcomer is: where do I find things? And where do I have to post if I want to? A longer descriptin can help them finding their way, as cheesehead said. But maybe more opinions are needed here ;)
Am agree with you