News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Boats view tiles in front of docks as waypoint

Started by Spenk009, May 28, 2016, 12:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

Boats don't see tiles in front of docks as a stop tile, but as a waypoint. Open the Line Management window and in Ship is a line named "Check this line".

I have zipped the entire Simutrans folder, which runs standalone. Link here, look in the public folder, it's named "Simutrans 5.zip". Username and PW are "public".

Spenk009

I'm taking the files down tonight. If no one else has this issue, then it should be chalked up to an anomaly on my system.

jamespetts

I think that I have missed this issue - my apologies. In which of the numerous saved games in that .zip file is this issue reproducible?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

I have the same problem.  Tiles diagonally adjacent to docks, which formerly were connected to the station, now show as waypoints.  This is true both for newly created stops as well as those loaded from saved games. This occurs with the latest nightly, regardless of whether I use the latest pak or version 0.9.1.

Spenk009

"2.13 bug" I should have removed the other files, but forgot to.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. At which locations and with which convoys can I find this problem?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

wlindley

Start new game, add dock, add stop diagonally adjacent to dock: this will show as a Waypoint not a Stop.

Spenk009

If you open up the Line Management window, a line is called "Check this line". Alternatively look for "Nuningham Finland Hill Docks", which is on the western side of the eastern sea.

Junna

I can confirm this bug too. Boats will only stop at one of the tiles usually, other tiles of the dock will be considered way point. I managed to get them all working again by checking the tiles.

jamespetts

Looking at this, this is intentional: the idea is that the single point nearest to the dock is the place that the ship will stop. I could increase this to two or three tiles, but this would mean that ships would be able to stop hundreds of meters out into the sea, which I am not sure is realistic. May I ask what the function of this would be?

Junna

Ah, the issue isn't that it is the distance from the port, but that, horizontally, if a port is more than a single tile wide, only one of the tiles adjacent to the dock will be possible to use, the other tiles will simply be way points.

jamespetts

I think that I may have fixed this; do you care to re-test?