News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

11.22 - Reverse allignment bug

Started by Ves, March 14, 2014, 10:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Im aware you already know about this bug, but I thought to share an observation, in case you have missed it :)

There appears to be a fixed length of 8 tilesteps (½ a tile) between the end of the first vehicle, to the frontend of the first backwardturned vehicle. You can actualy draw a line across all frontends turning backwards, and you see that the length of the vehicles are very different (in the number two from top track, the turned arround vehicle is 9 tilesteps). see the picture:

The arrows points to the 'frontend' of the vehicles: (the uppermost track is a 'correct' convoy, all heading the same way = serves as reference)

How are progres to nail this bug? :)

jamespetts

I have not been working on it for a long time, as I have had other things on which to work. Thank you for your observations, though. If only I had some insight into what was actually happening in the code so as to bring this about, it would help me greatly, but I really have not gone into the graphics code at all.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.