News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Missing Guide

Started by tykemalcolm, May 14, 2015, 12:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tykemalcolm

Hi,

I've seen many references to "docs.simutrans.com/" in the wiki, but it doesn't exist. Is there a good link to this manual?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I know we used to have one, then in a server move or something, there were some orphaned domains, I'm sure that was one.

I'll create it again and see if I can put some links to documentation on there. Wiki and forum and such...

edit: Actually, I forgot that I can't create new things because I don't control simutrans.com. I've got the subdomain set up, but nothing points it to the server. :(

Meanwhile, check here: http://www.simutrans.com/en/help

tykemalcolm

Thanks - but that link is one of the ways that I found the document was missing.

An_dz

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on May 14, 2015, 08:24:26 PMedit: Actually, I forgot that I can't create new things because I don't control simutrans.com. I've got the subdomain set up, but nothing points it to the server. :(
What's the exact problem Isaac?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I stupidly gave away simutrans.com which now means that I can just set something up on the server, I have to also remember who currently controls it and cause work for them to have a new subdomain pointed at the server. If it was pointed to the server's nameservers, setting up new subdomains would make things work automatically. :)

prissi

I paid for it, but I have no idea how to change anything on it.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Hmm... Maybe I can do a transfer request on it and map it back directly to the server --- I can also map things off-server for resources that are elsewhere....

I'll start a post in the web admins board to see who knows what about where it is. :)

Also, I can afford to pay for it again. heh. Our finances come and go as always, but I removed the donation requests from everywhere because we're stable again on that front. :) (I really really hugely appreciate all that everyone has done to help out)