News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[develnew bb7283f] one train staff bug?

Started by Ves, November 20, 2015, 12:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I think I have found something that is not supposed to be.
I would expect the one train cabinet to reserve all tiles of track which is beyond the cabinet, which in this case should include both stations and all rail in between. On the return trip from the second station, it will sometime clear the track behind it self, and sometime it will not clear the track behind. When the track gets cleared behind the train, the train behaves as expected when driving out of the one train staff zone. In the cases where the track is NOT cleared after the track, the train behaves strange, ignoring signals and choose functions and only driving 1 kmh.

I have a series of pictures to ilustrate what happens:

The line with the train and "one train staff" cabinet in upper left corner

On the way to the lower left station:

On the way to the right station:

Returntrip to the main station (in upper left). This time it cleares the path behind it self:

A zoom in on the main station. The train approaches from right, this time with the path behind it cleared.

This picture is from a round where the train would NOT unreserve the tracks behind it. Here is the odd behavior:
Both trains have assigned the rightmost good platform (not the passenger platform) in their schedules. Our train, coming from the one train staff track to the right, reduces its speed to 1kmh, slowly driving towards the occupied platform, slowly creating a deadlock. Also, it will reserve all tracks it touches:

Tada:

In some cases, the train drives all the way onto the platform standing literally head to head or head to tail to the other train.

I have succesfully used one train staff in a similar way but with only one single line of platforms. The choose signal and one train cabinet was in that case placed similar as in this example.

Simutrans Exp: 12.9000 github=bb7283f
pakset: github=ffa3234 (compiled with Junnas makeobj dated 29/10)

Vladki

I have seen similar behavior - I had the cabinet a few tiles after depot, and then a track with few stations and only one train. After a while the train was running at 1 km/h. I'll try to repeat and post a save.

Ves

This savegame shows the behavior. When opening the game, the two trains are both located on the leftmost platform at the station (changed primary platform since the screenshoots). Resolve the deadlock by opening the convoy (59) L&BR Small Tank 2-4-0T's schedule and send it to another station. After a while, the deadlock will occur again.

Savegame (Pak Britain):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbmfiywg6xetgt/One%20train%20staff%20bug_Pak_brit.sve?dl=0

Ves

James, did you have any comments on this? Is this intended behaviour of the one train staff signal?

jamespetts

Apologies: I was busy with non-Simutrans things for most of the week-end and have not had time to look at this this evening (having been working on other things). This is a bug, I think: I will have to look into this properly when I have a moment. Thank you for your reports.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.