News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

SMSC June 2012 Edition: Parks and Skyscrapers

Started by vilvoh, June 03, 2012, 11:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Here we go with a new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The June's topic is Parks and Skyscrapers. show us your central park surrounded by huge buildings.

Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Parks and Skyscrapers
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 18th June. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Combuijs

QuoteThe nomination period ends at 18th February.

It seems we have a lot of time for an entry then. Maybe we can do another SMSC in between.  ;D
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

Ok, ok.... could we please focus on the screenshots, not in minor details? :::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac_Clarke

Here is my participation with Business District La Défense

La Défense is the economic powerhouse of my map and is situated in the south of Paris (400.000 inhabitants) and next to the peripheral road. It's the most important Center Business District of my map with a lot of enterprise's headquarters. The garden between the towers is popular with businessmen who come to relax between meetings.
The trainstation of La Défense is situated just under the park and is crossed by 2 lines of suburban trains, 4 lines of Paris's subway and a few bus lines so that this hub is one of the most busiest of Paris.
Next to this quarter, there is a big center commercial (cf SMSC May) and the principal airport of Paris which is directly connected to the quarter by suburban trains.

pak128 + addons
Inspired by the real CBD:  http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_D%C3%A9fense

Here is a little gif (not participate in the contest because of the format) of the quarter:

greenling

Isaac_Clarke
Your photo looks good out!
Can you please make public your pakset!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Cool scrapers! Official pakset would benefit of some or most of them!

HDomos

Isaac_Clarke
That's not fair  :o :D Your photo looks too good... I can't come out anything like this... :-X

Isaac_Clarke

Thanks for your compliments! :)
You can download the skycrappers on this japanese website of simutrans: http://japanese.simutrans.com/
But if you want I can upload my pakset. For this I will soon create a topic talking about my savegame in the appropriate section of the forum.

Enkort

Yoyogi

Let me show you another real place in my implementation of Tokyo: Yoyogi district.

The picture is focused on two interesting objects: Yoyogi park and NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building.

Yoyogi Park is one of the largest parks in Tokyo. Today, the park is a popular hangout, especially on Sundays, when it is used as a gathering place for people to play music, practice martial arts, etc. The park has a bike path, a public basketball court, and bicycle rentals are available. Yoyogi Park was the site of the first successful powered aircraft flight in Japan, on December 19, 1910
Pagoda on the picture is represents the Meiji Shrine located here.

NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building  is a skyscraper at 240 metres (790 ft) tall, it is the third tallest building in Tokyo. After the installation of a clock in 2002, the building became the tallest clock tower in the world. The building houses some offices, but is mainly used to house technical equipment (switching equipment, etc.) for the company's cellular telephone service. Solar energy is partially used to power the building. A garbage separation system employed within the office helps to reduce waste and increase the recycling rate.

Yoyogi Station is located only 700 meters south of Shinjuku Station. (SMSC February)

real game, pak128.japan

Junna

From a real game. The area around the major interchange, K-Suke Junction station, is not yet completed. Station has 8 above ground platforms and 2 underground, of which 8 are in current use; 2 local services terminate, two further local services run through and a further two expresses run through; as well as one terminating express service.

Pak128 + numerous addons (I've had to remove some things quite often, running into the "too many images"error).

DCD

VEREDA MINI PARK

real game
pak 128  various addons 

the  historical park of vereda   the first  building  in 1930  , the park have a tiny   labyrinth,  the park is  located in  the  historical-turistic zone  of the   city 
.             SIMUTRANS--SIMUTRANS  

mEGa

My contribution : Little Central Park

Like a little famous Central Park of NY but not yet !

A big park in a residential quarter of a middle town. Citizens are very enjoy to live in this part of city. They can buy some fresh foods on neighborhood covered market Hall.
trams and buses transport everybody in everywhere. Welcome to Eden !

Real game on Simutrans V111.2 pak128 and specially addon for this contest.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

An_dz

From the same save from March's edition. From a "scenario" I'm creating.

City Heart

That's the second Central areal of the city, really near the old historical center and the economic center. It's a little more residential than the economic center where only commercial buildings exist, that's why it's called the City Heart, while the economic center is called The Wallet. The city have a great planning system except the rural area and the old center.

pak96.comic with some addons

Isaac_Clarke

Quote from: Junna on June 11, 2012, 01:31:39 AM

From a real game. The area around the major interchange, K-Suke Junction station, is not yet completed. Station has 8 above ground platforms and 2 underground, of which 8 are in current use; 2 local services terminate, two further local services run through and a further two expresses run through; as well as one terminating express service.

Pak128 + numerous addons (I've had to remove some things quite often, running into the "too many images"error).

Nice picture like everyone else :) Where did you found the addons of your train station?

Junna

Quote from: Isaac_Clarke on June 13, 2012, 06:02:55 PM
Where did you found the addons of your train station?

The platforms are by Mizuiro:

http://mizutrans.net/addon/

The buildings are a conversion of wa-san's platforms for pak64 to 128 by Maka, link to download directory and file name from this entry:

http://amatibasson.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-32.html