News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Assigning a new line to a vehicle

Started by Jando, June 24, 2017, 09:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I don't know whether this is a bug report or a feature request. :)

When assigning a different line to a vehicle the vehicle keeps it's old average trip time information from the old line it was serving. This wrong information (for the new line) gets used to calculate the service frequency of the line that will state wrong information then. Please consider invalidating average trip time when a player assigns a new line to a running vehicle. Thanks.

jamespetts

Thank you for spotting this. I have implemented this in the latest Github code, but have not had a chance to test it. Would you be able to check that it is working? I should be very grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

That sadly did not work.

I just assigned a new line to a bus on an old line, average trip time of that bus did not change. Service frequency of the new line now states the average trip time of that bus from the old line.

jamespetts

Ahh, the average trip time comprises different data to the average speed. I have added code for re-setting this now, too. Can you re-check to see whether this now works as expected? Thank you for testing.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on July 05, 2017, 12:23:22 AM
Ahh, the average trip time comprises different data to the average speed. I have added code for re-setting this now, too. Can you re-check to see whether this now works as expected? Thank you for testing.

Thank you very much, James! That seems to work now. Good job!

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you for confirming.