News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

No passengers and mail

Started by grivlad0, August 21, 2017, 09:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grivlad0

Tell me, from what there are no passengers in cities and towns, there is no mail?
I tried various settings, different start years, different types of stations and transport.

jamespetts

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Thank you for all the Russian translations, incidentally, assuming that you are the same person who has been posting the relevant commits to Github.

I am not aware of any issues regarding there being no passengers or mail generated in any towns. Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

grivlad0

I will continue to translate, although my knowledge of English is not enough.
I wait for any questions on the problem described by me.
The size of the attachment is limited to 64 KB, so the link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qmsfVgiXX5a3QyOTRtY3BUQms

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I have had a look and noticed something very odd: all the towns have very small populations (~300 each), and all the buildings in the towns similarly are saved with a very low population. May I ask whether you have customised the pakset or amended any of the settings in simuconf.tab or the advanced setttings dialogue (key "i" while playing) at all?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

grivlad0

Some changes are there, but nothing related to the generation of cargo or passengers.
First I played the standard version.
It's possible that the settings overlap each other in the / my documents / simutraims folder?
I think that you need to delete all versions, and use new version.
I did it, the error was eliminated.
The question is, which configuration is prioritized, from the folder with the game or from the package?

jamespetts

May I ask what changes that you made?

The pakset settings in simuconf.tab are prioritised over the base settings; but, once a new game is created, these settings are saved with the saved game, so changing simuconf.tab will not make a difference; but most settings in a running game can be altered by the advanced settings dialogue ("i" key).

grivlad0

I just rename old game folder, and create new version game folder with newest version game from download arhive.
Maybe the reason was that I renamed the folder of the old version of the game "simutrans extended" and the existing folder with the standard version simutrans.
Now folder name default and no one more version game.

jamespetts

A Simutrans-Extended installation should generally be separate from a Simutrans-Standard installation.

grivlad0

Folder structure:
\ Games \ simutrans \
\ Games \ simutrans extended \
I noticed both versions of the game store the settings in the folder
\ Users \ my documents \ simutrans \
Maybe this is the reason
In general I am satisfied with traveling passengers, and will continue to translate

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you very much for your help.