News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Japan earthquake and the Japanese Simutrans Forum

Started by IgorEliezer, March 12, 2011, 08:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Well, this isn't new: Yesterday, Japan was hit by a 10-meter tsunami and an earthquake (9.0 RC) damaged important facilities of the country. Many lives lost.

I've followed the situation through BBC stream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Since the Simutrans Community has a Japaneses Forum, I'm a bit worried with what could've happened with the members of there too.

Any news from Japanese Simutrans Forum? How are the members?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Zeno

Sure. These have been terrible news; we all wish the best for them.

rsdworker

same and i hope japan will have to rebuild back :)

LNBC

It's so bad to hear about the most worst earthquake in Japanese History did happen yesterday.

Also, the Nuclear Power Plant near the epicenter exploded today - I am worried about the environment polluted as well as people living there loss their home for ever. Wish their homes back. (Shall I delete that - since not everybody here like the Nuclear Power?)

Even I wanted to say a prayer here - but it's too long - I shorten it:
For those deaths during the quake - rest in peace
For those traumatized - heal with cares
For those relief workers - wish them strong to work
For those watching people - show the hand to offer mercy
For those teasers against those victims - SILENCE! It's not happened for your will!
[Read my footnote - before you really post something against.]

Japanese are strong people - they can overcome many times before, including the 1995 Kobe quake. But our wishes is needed now to overcome from the terrible aftermath. (At least, made those isolated knows the whole world are standing with them spiritually.)

However, sadly to see some of our locals teasing the victims as an avenger of long-gone Sino-Japanese War (1937 -45) in local (Hong Kong) discussion boards: I am not with those people - but apologize for their foolish, offensive comments for this natural disaster - what a shame to hear those coldblooded languages while many and I were in sorrow.

[Edit on a day after (footnote)] Some of our Hong Kong people reviewed this quake as a "God's punishment" against the war crime in WWII committed by Japanese. But surly not the majority and I - That war was ended, and hostile against Japanese after the end of the war IS NOT based on justice, but personal/collective prejustice. It is sinful.

So, may my friends from Hong Kong and other Chinese societies - be reasonable. IF you do think THAT way I suggested - skip reading this post - hatred contents are not welcomed in this discussion board.

Bigtop

We feel sad about that earthquake and the Japanese. I've even heard that the Japan Meteorological Agency put the big earthquake to a 9.0 Richter scale on its magnitude, which is something modern Japan has never seen before.

BBGunn

I'm an American living in Osaka, Japan, which is some distance from the destruction in north and east Japan.  While there is no damage here, we are certainly feeling the effects of what is going on across the country.  This is something that is going to take a very long time to recover from. 

This morning on the news, they said that the north and east parts of the country (including Tokyo) will have to undergo mandatory blackouts for a few hours each day for the foreseeable future, because there is not enough power to go around right now.  (Osaka and west Japan is spared only because that part of the country has a completely different power grid, including a different voltage.)  This will be very disruptive for the entire country, not to mention those in the heavily damaged areas already struggling.  So please keep Japan in your thoughts and prayers.

I am by no means fluent in Japanese, but I will go to the Japanese forum and try to see what is going on there.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Kujichagulia on March 13, 2011, 11:46:36 PMbut I will go to the Japanese forum and try to see what is going on there.
I visited several times the Japanese Forum yesterday. The last post was made late March 10th by z9990, if not wrong, he's forum administrator there.

I couldn't visit the JP forum now, it's returning an error.

BBGunn

Quote from: IgorEliezer on March 14, 2011, 12:03:56 AM
I visited several times the Japanese Forum yesterday. The last post was made late March 10th by z9990, if not wrong, he's forum administrator there.
I noticed that also.  I hope everyone is okay.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

Václav

... http://japanese.simutrans.com seems to be healthy yesterday but few moments ago I had problems to get there.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

123abc

I can get there! But you need to go through a page first.

Václav

Václav

It might be caused by something else - for example bits lost their way.  :D

rsdworker

IgorEliezer

I have some quotes from BBC News that I would like to share:

Quote04:17 UTC: It seems a woman in Singapore has put her government to shame with the size of her donation towards Japanese quake relief efforts. Elaine Low presented a cheque for 1m Singaporean dollars ($780,000) - or double what the government gave - to Japan's ambassador, Yoichi Suzuki, on Wednesday, an official with the embassy told AFP. Her family runs an Indonesia-based coal mining business that imports equipment from Japan and also supplies coal to Japanese power plants. She said she wanted to do her bit to help out the Japanese affected by the disaster.
Oh my God. If all people start to "race" for sorting the humanity's problems out...

Quote04:48 UTC: Employees of Tepco, the power station's operator, and other firms have volunteered to join efforts to control the escalating crisis at the power station, Japan's Jiji news agency reports. One volunteer is a 59-year-old man with four decades of experience working at nuclear power stations, who is due to retire in six months.
*claps*

paco_m

Quote from: IgorEliezer on March 17, 2011, 05:10:14 AM
I have some quotes from BBC News that I would like to share:
Oh my God. If all people start to "race" for sorting the humanity's problems out...
*claps*
Surely a big donation, however I guess that this is mostly a way of returning the extra profits she is surely receiving due to this desaster. Japan now has to order enormous quantities of coal, gas and oil to substitute the broken nuclear plants in the next years. So Mrs Lows company will work at the production limit for the next years...

Zeno

Quote from: IgorEliezer on March 17, 2011, 05:10:14 AM
Quote04:48 UTC: Employees of Tepco, the power station's operator, and other firms have volunteered to join efforts to control the escalating crisis at the power station, Japan's Jiji news agency reports. One volunteer is a 59-year-old man with four decades of experience working at nuclear power stations, who is due to retire in six months.
*claps*
It is said that the man explained that "the nuclear power history was going to change in these moments, and he wanted to be there after spending most of his life in a nuclear plant".
These japanese guys are just amazing... they keep surprising us one time and another.
*more claps*

IgorEliezer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Quote20:20 UTC: AFP reports on efforts in Serbia to raise money for Japan. About 750,000 euros (£650,000; $1m) has been raised, officials say. Efforts are also being made in neighbouring Bosnia. AFP points out that Japan has been a generous donor in both countries, which were hard hit by the Balkan wars of the 1990s.
Giving and receiving.

18-Mar-11

Quote22:47 UTC: But at least offers of help are pouring in. Japan's Foreign Ministry says 123 countries and regions and 33 international organisations have offered assistance, reports- Kyodo News - including, apparently, a cheque for $100,000 from the government of Burma, one of Asia's poorest countries.

19-Mar-11

Quote04:52 UTM: The Japan Times is reporting that an innkeeper is opening up his hotel to displaced people: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110319b2.html

vilvoh

Great news!  :)

Btw, I posted something at the blog to show our support to the japanese community.... http://blog.simutrans.com/?p=1402

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

Oh, fantastic! Nice to know he's fine, and I hope the other guys are ok as well ...