News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

problem with streets and road ownership

Started by canadadry, May 30, 2010, 11:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadadry

I can't build any roads as human sice it will always be put back to gravel roads instead of dirt or cobblestone roads. It says no owner as soon as a new building appears or upgrade on the sides. I am using 102.2.2 pak 64. By the way, I can't seen to be able to donwload pak 128.
French-canadian

sdog

Just guessing this could be related to your problem: In cities the player built roads are replaced by a city road when on an adjacent field a building is built or upgraded. The city road is specific for your pakset and the current game year. I don't know pak64 enough to know, but my guess is the gravel road is the city road in pak64 for early periods.

Where did you try to download pak128?
The sourceforge link in this thread seems to work: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4652.0

canadadry

I tried from the download page on Simutrans official website. Also, I tried with no timeline and it still showed up gravel roads. I will try immediatly in 2000. It replace 130k/h asphalt roads by 50k/h city roads
French-canadian

Dwachs

This is the normal and intended behavior: If a city building is being built/upgraded, the surrounding roads are converted to city roads to enforce speed limits. The simutrans inhabitants dont want to live near highways ;)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

canadadry

So I won't go at 100km/h then. This is rediculus. It is not city roads! It's gravelroads. I won't be able to use a 130km/h asphalt road, so there is no point at all for the speed...
French-canadian

VS

Then don't build you super fast line through a city...? Also, tunnels and bridges are not affected.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Quote from: canadadry on May 31, 2010, 11:03:38 AM
So I won't go at 100km/h then. This is rediculus. It is not city roads! It's gravelroads. I won't be able to use a 130km/h asphalt road, so there is no point at all for the speed...

What year are you in? If it is before city roads become available, older roads, such as gravel roads, are used instead. Also - this only applies to roads in cities. Roads outside cities are not automatically replaced by city roads with low speed limits. The use of the lower speed limit roads in cities is intended: speed limits on urban roads are generally restrictive in real life.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

If you want a highway, you need three lanes. THe two outer will be converted, but not the central one.

canadadry

Well, as cities grow there is no intercity roads anymore.
French-canadian