News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Freeplay not working

Started by chicken, October 28, 2011, 12:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicken

I have a fairly large map I have been playing for a week. I try to keep it profitable, but one time I dipped too far into the red, so I reloaded the game using "-freeplay". I successfully fixed the issues and went back to profitability. I spent approximately 80 months with negative cash before returning to a positive balance.

A few days later I decided to expand my network so vastly that I knew that it would cost way more money than I had. So I reloaded the game with "-freeplay" again, expecting to do the same as the last time. But suddenly, after a few months in the red, I get a 'You are Bankrupt' notice in my financial window, and the game is kicking me to the main menu.

I have tried, on several occasions, to reload the game, always using the "-freeplay" option to Simutrans. Every time, after one month, it says "You are Bankrupt" and kicks me out.

Why is it not working anymore? It worked fine last week, and I did not upgrade or change my game binary in any way since then.

I looked at the code and it should not be checking for bankruptcy if Freeplay is enabled.

I am testing Simutrans nightly (win-gdi) r4864.

Ters

I thought freeplay, beginners mode and timeline were settings that were set at the start of a game/map and then remained fixed for that game.

sdog

you can be in red, that is negative balance, without being bankrupt. You only become bankrupt if your net wealth dips below zero.

perhaps the first time you were in the reds was what i described.

Dwachs

you can toggle freeplay mode in-game: open the 'player' window, there is a checkbox 'freeplay' in the lower left corner ...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

chicken

Thanks, that works. How come "-freeplay" no longer works? Is that functionality being moved solely to the player window?

Dwachs

This functionality must have been lost over time... Please retry with nightly revision >= r4890.

see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3937.0   8)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.