News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

simutrans cutting up on osx

Started by acki, May 07, 2013, 10:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acki

Hi,

I just switched from PC to Mac; and noticed that Simutrans graphics dont move as smoothly on mac as they do on PC. Is this normal?
Movements of vehicles are all cut up (this happens sometimes on PC as well, mainly when the game has been running for a while)...
I'm running OSX 10.8.3, with simutrans 112.2, the latest SDL installed (I dont know what version that is but I downloaded it fron their website a couple of days ago), and a mix of PAK128 and PAK128.Britain

Thanx

Ters

We have reports from Mac users that performance there is poor for some reason, but without active Mac developers, there is little we can do about it. Someone gave us some tips a few weeks back, but that was after 112.2, so if those suggestions might improve performance for you, you will have to try a nightly build (which are more unstable for other reasons). If you do try a nightly, you should back up your game(s) and perhaps also your settings. The native Mac build someone has made have also been reported better than the normal SDL version, but I don't know how up to date than build is, or where it can be found.