News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Shades 6.0 first beta release

Started by VS, January 29, 2010, 09:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Did it take half a year? Well, twice the goodness :D Finally got brushes working. No undo yet (next to do).

DOWNLOAD - 6.0 alpha2 - 622 kB

Please test - but don't discard the old version yet, it's alpha for a reason.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Seems that alpha's word is on vogue between Simutrans tools developers.. :::)

It works, at least for me..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

z9999+

Is it possible to change font of some control/tooltips text ?
Some control/tooltips don't allow to show 2 bytes characters.

VS

Sorry, there is not much to do about this, except rewriting the whole program with a gui library which supports unicode. I'm still stuck with Delphi 7, which is 8 years old and apart from what can be imported from windows api, doesn't give a **** about languages and encoding.

I'm planning to switch to Lazarus, but this will be a long road... maybe once.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

z9999+

It's just a font problem, not unicode problem. Old FON font cause this problem.

But it's Okay, my main PC has no problem because I modified FontSubstitutes registry key.
Thank you for reply.

VS

So... I could change font name and it would work?

prissi

Actually you have to change the gui definition file, imho. But then it should work. (One could also eanle extended twxtservicea for incompatible programa in the properties (or so it should say), which can help sometimes too.)

z9999+

As to Microsoft document, using 'MS Shell Dlg' instead of 'MS Sans Serif' should work in any language on Windows 2000 and later versions. But I'm not sure.

Entry of 'MS Shell Dlg' is there in FontSubstitutes by default, and will be mapped to local font.

VS

OK, next alpha will have font translation. There are two fonts needed, one normal and one monospace.

Undo is progressing nicely...

z9999+

Thank yor for considering it and sorry for giving more work.

Quote from: VS on February 01, 2010, 09:03:33 PM
There are two fonts needed, one normal and one monospace.

If you are talking about 'Courier New', it is a TTF font and I believe it doesn't cause problem. Usually TTF font have auto font-link feature. ('Courier' is FON font.)

And if monospace font is only used for input box, there is no chance to input 2 bytes character in your application.  :)

VS

Monospace is for numerical entries - namely ARGB colours like FF00ABCD that look better with fixed width (I think...). Anyway, you can change both fonts to whatever you want :) And it wasn't much work once I knew what to do.

Beta for 6.0 is here! Undo now works in most common cases (dunno about external editing). Fonts are translatable (needs restart).

DOWNLOAD - 6.0 beta1 - 640 kB

z9999+

Quote from: VS on February 02, 2010, 10:20:58 AM
Fonts are translatable (needs restart).

Thank you, it worked.

I didn't know translation file can change font face of control.
I thought you need to change all resources.

I appreciate it. Thanks again.

VS

Well, it's a loop over all components which sets their font to something :)

What brushes would be useful? I have these (24px), any comments?

VS

Last beta:
http://vs.simutrans.com/misc_files/shades_6.0_beta2.zip

If you have a new translation or can update old one, please, do it...

z9999+

- Multiple undo feature seems not working well. Try fill bucket tool.
- When I click or drag to outside of image with pen tool, error window, 'Source rectangle is invalid.', continue to open even if I click within image until I change tool. And this error also forbid undo.
- Text 'Selected' on status bar is not translated when application started. If I select pen color again, it will change to translation.

vilvoh

Quote from: VS on February 03, 2010, 10:51:42 AM
What brushes would be useful? I have these (24px), any comments?

Imho, only the first eight ones are useful. The rest would be good for a pure painting program.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

z9999: Thank you :) I fixed the last 2 bugs, but I can't replicate first. I'll try more...

MoTw

Is there going to be a Linux-Version? I didn't find one before.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

VS

isidoro

Quote from: MoTw on February 06, 2010, 03:32:13 PM
Is there going to be a Linux-Version? I didn't find one before.

I tried it with wine (www.winehq.com) and seems to work ok.

MoTw

Quote from: isidoro on February 07, 2010, 01:24:42 AM
I tried it with wine (www.winehq.com) and seems to work ok.

Yes, it does, but Wine is a bit slow on my computer and it creates lots of unnessecary files... A native version would be better, but if not...
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

VS

Re Linux, let's put it differently: if you restructure the code for new, cross-platform libraries and compiler, you're quite the hero. Because I can't do it in time shorter than a year at best.

The project started some 4 years ago and actually taught me a lot about programming... As you can imagine, the original was quite naive and messy. I spent a lot of time making it actually workable for further programming, and it's still not where I'd like to see it. Only then I can start resolving the library problem, and after that, finally try to port it.

This needs time, time, time, time... where can I buy it?

MoTw

OK, no Linux. ;) I'll be fine with Wine.

Quote from: VS on February 07, 2010, 11:07:01 AM
This needs time, time, time, time... where can I buy it?
Here you are: http://www.buytime.at/ :D  ;) (in german)
pak96.comic addons

The Hood

I use shades under wine - it's not as slow as other programs as it's quite a simple tool.  Tilecutter is much slower under wine than shades, for example...

MoTw

Quote from: The Hood on February 07, 2010, 01:16:18 PM
I use shades under wine - it's not as slow as other programs as it's quite a simple tool.  Tilecutter is much slower under wine than shades, for example...

I didn't mean that _Shades_ is slow, but running _wine_ makes my PC (Netbook) slow. Anyway, that's neither Linux' nor Shades' fault.
pak96.comic addons

VS

Mwahahaha, I just have to say for all that I'm a total idiot. The undo bugs were all just logical. Tomorrow is stable release, unless I'm incapacitated by the two hours of school.