News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

r7559 push_instance

Started by TurfIt, September 01, 2015, 09:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurfIt

Seems the nightly compiler was happy with r7559. Mine sure is not:

===> HOSTCXX script/api/api_halt.cc
In file included from script/api/api_obj_desc_base.h:6:0,
                 from script/api/api_halt.cc:7:
script/api/../api_param.h: In instantiation of 'static SQInteger script_api::param<quickstone_tpl<T> >::push(HSQUIRRELVM, const quickstone_tpl<T>&) [with T = haltestelle_t; SQInteger = int; HSQUIRRELVM = SQVM*]':
script/api/api_halt.cc:38:30:   required from here
script/api/../api_param.h:280:67: error: 'push_instance' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
In file included from script/api/api_obj_desc_base.h:7:0,
                 from script/api/api_halt.cc:7:
script/api/../api_class.h:127:12: note: 'template<class A1, class A2, class A3, class A4> SQInteger script_api::push_instance(HSQUIRRELVM, const char*, const A1&, const A2&, const 3&, const A4&)' declared here, later in the translation unit
make: *** [build/default/script/api/api_halt.o] Error 1

Any ideas?  (except -fpermissive...)

Dwachs

should compile again with r7565.  At least this revision compiles with clang, which was not successfull for r7559, too.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

It's nice to see that (almost) everybody is back again. (Even though Dwachs' return was heralded by a broken build.)

TurfIt

Compiles again with GCC. Curious, what compiler did you use originally that worked?  (and I wonder about the Nightly compiler too...)

And yes, welcome back! Now we just need someone to pop up and actually write some scripts to use all your work on the api.

Ters

Quote from: TurfIt on September 01, 2015, 11:13:54 PM
And yes, welcome back! Now we just need someone to pop up and actually write some scripts to use all your work on the api.

It might be that they popped up earlier this year, so one should rather hope they are still around. I haven't checked if what they wanted (which I only vaguely remember) is what Dwachs now has implemented (of which I only have a vague idea from the SVN log entries).

Dwachs

@TurfIt It seems that the gcc compiler with version 4.7 is stricter with respect to this error. Older versions did not complain, but did a guess, which worked.

All my comments in the last days are preparations for scriptable ai's and code cleanups along the way. I already have a working minimal implementation. Will post it later this week.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

The windows nightly is a commandline MSVC.

Ters

prissi

OK, I was told they did compiled with MSVC, but it was a pain to maintain. Maybe they gave up on it?