News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Underground network sets

Started by mEGa, June 25, 2012, 06:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hi,

I wish to propose you my work about the underground network which I have already presented on the French forum.
I am creating subway stations, underground trains, depots... Of course first objects are inspired by parisian network, but I have some ideas of different buildings. The project is on progress...
Do you think that project could be useful for the pak 128? What do you mean about it ?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Several resources in SNFOS site :
Underground train pakset
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:metro:rames
Underground stations and depots paksets
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:metro:stations
Underground network page
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:subway_stations_mega

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Zeno

Wow! Those are really amazing, mEGa!! I will test'em as soon as I get home :)

IgorEliezer

It is... just... beautiful. o.o'

VS

Wow...

How many objects are there?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mEGa

At this time :

- single model station for one track x 3 periods
- double plateforms model stations for 2 tracks x 3 periods

periods are :
- 1900 -> 1939
- 1940 -> 1999
- 2000 -> *

- subway depot X 2 periods

periods are :
- 1900 -> 1949
- 1950 -> *

All stations have lightning colors ans special colors players

- one subway train (engine and 1 car) : an historic underground parisian train  1900-> 1908 (seen on second sight)

So, sum is 6 stations, 2 depots and 1 full train (engine+cars)

under construction :

- lights for underground network
- trains for another periods

and sketches for another model of stations

EDIT :

notice : underground tracks are a japan addons at this moment (seen in first sight), but I want to create them to complete the beautiful work (tunnels replacement project) of Fabio

neldot

Indeed, these are very beautiful metro sets, mEGa!
Hats off to you! :)

victor_18993

En la vida todo son vivencias y cada una de ellas nos hace mas grandes,¿Como de grande eres tu? :)

VS

This was forgotten.

My main concern - is it possible to build these only underground?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Randy007

Yeah!!! Its realy cool! I use the infrastructure for the New York Scenario. But there might be a mistake : the file for Depot is the same as for the M1-Station "subway_station.pak" I had to compile the src. The vehicles need balancing and the size dont match to the normal 128er, so i dont use them :-(

anyway Great thanks!

Roads

Really great looking mEGa!  I especially like the blue/gray.

greenling

mEGa
What make the work on the Unterground network set?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

@ Greenling
Could you explain more ? Because I don't understand your question.

Quote from: VS on October 10, 2012, 03:09:06 PM
This was forgotten.

I'm agree with you but How can we do ?
Currently stations are distributed on 'train menu' and there are many elements in this menu ! I  exactly read in another topic than there was an idea of reorganization of the menus.

Few new elements of this pakset :
- new version of piece of underground station : improvement of icon 'M' (minor update)
- new train set : french famous M4 (from 1926 to 1983)

See more
trainsets :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:metro:rames
stations :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:metro:stations

Sarlock

Your underground stations look great!

If a player puts it above ground, it's their choice really.  It will look silly, but it's just like any other station.  Since we can't restrict its use currently, we'll just have to accept that option.  From a new player's perspective, it might be best to let them put it anywhere than to stop its use anyhow.  They'll know it doesn't belong above-ground the moment they build it, rather than having a warning that stops its use.

Having sub-menus for stations, etc, would be nice.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Dwachs

Quote from: VS on October 10, 2012, 03:09:06 PM
As of r5984 - yes.

As in experimental, there is now the possibility to add this flag to buildings (only relevant for stations yet):

allow_underground = 0 # can only be built above ground
allow_underground = 1 # can only be built under ground
allow_underground = 2 # can be built above and under ground (default)

These values should be compatible with simutrans-experimental.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

I have a feeling this is a great time to be a pakset maintainer... Thanks, thanks, thanks!

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Dwachs on October 13, 2012, 07:03:23 PM
As of r5984 - yes.

allow_underground = 0 # can only be built above ground
allow_underground = 1 # can only be built under ground
allow_underground = 2 # can be built above and under ground (default)
:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

Zeno

greenling

O Man.
Those parameter bring my paksets data in confusion. :::) :::)
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: http://svnlogs.simutrans.com/simutrans.htmlRevision 5984 2012-10-13 19:02:29
dwachs modified 8 items in /simutrans/trunk
ADD: station buildings can be restricted to above/under ground (parameter allow_underground, =0 only above, =1 only under, =2 both/default)
Code was submitted. Now, just wait for the next nightly build. Today is a nice day for a night-watch. ^^

VS

Some progress on this front. I used mostly visual information to decide what is allowed and what not.

Underground rail stations are by default 0.

Type 2 (both) are:
simplest platform
both container stations
cargo station

Road stops are by default type 2. Exceptions are the bus terminus and highest level stops (with roof).

All extensions look like not-underground (needs no change iirc?).

What about this set? I think it's safe to include... maybe I'll have to find out how do the stations work together.

greenling

Vs
Can you please wait with the install of the Parameter: allow_underground.
It gives by those problems no Solution : http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10736.0
Thank you.
Edit1: In the RoadTerminus.dat it better to use the parameter: allow_underground = 0 it in my eye it those building to high for the underground.
Edit2: I miss passenger Stations for Railway in in undergrund befor 1900!

Markohs

Are there underground passenger train stations with the last release of pak128? Can't build any, just freight ones.

threads merged here -- VS

VS

There are none indeed. I guess I wanted to include mEGa's underground stations and forgot? Anyway, my secret plan was to make underground pax station either expensive themselves (high level), or need some surface structure.

Markohs

VS

I have tested the stations... All share the same base, so they all share a few bugs.

The single ones have a strange misalignment of platforms - they start at different distances, or even look as if floating. The effect is very visible on grass, which is stupid of course, but still...

Double platforms have the common middle, which is fixed, so that works well. Except, it does not - as soon as you build them in reverse ;-)

This bug is not really that horrible underground, but it is still somewhat weird. Or maybe this is intended?

mEGa

Thanks for testing.
Yes I know the misaligment bug... I'll correct it because I have a new template (with perfect alignment)
for seconf feedback, I don't know why it appears some times... imho, I respected number to place each element ([0], [2]...) May be I made mistake in dat file.

But good news I began again to create pieces of this project with elevated stations for french addons :

I am going to examine created underground stations and to try to correct all this.
If I don't arrive there, I would ask you for help to write the dat file accordling the png file.

Sarlock

I really like that elevated station, mEGa!  That looks really nice on the new elevated tracks.  Wow.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

VS

Ah, nice... it reminds me of default openttd stations. They have arches on side, too :)

As to the bugs - there is nothing wrong with the dat. It works as it can. You can change order of tiles by building the front one first. The real problem is the same as on single station, but "masked" by the different middle if the station is built in the "better" order. Anyway, a new template will solve all of that!

greenling

VS
for those bug how you find need we a idea.
Quote from: VS on January 03, 2013, 09:13:51 PM
I have tested the stations... All share the same base, so they all share a few bugs.
The single ones have a strange misalignment of platforms - they start at different distances, or even look as if floating. The effect is very visible on grass, which is stupid of course, but still...
Double platforms have the common middle, which is fixed, so that works well. Except, it does not - as soon as you build them in reverse ;-)
This bug is not really that horrible underground, but it is still somewhat weird. Or maybe this is intended?

mEGa

Right. I noticed all comments and will comeback after working  to improve all setsof subway stations.

Fabio

What happened with this project? I finally downloaded and tried the new pakset: we don't have any underground pax station. It would be nice to get some, even if they were unfinished drafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauthier

This project is almost dead, like many others, since none of us have enough time to develop these. I agree with you about the need for underground stations, they are in my list, but it needs time ...

Fabio

I know just too well what you're talking about. I just had to stop contributing for too long a time. By the way I want to thank you for your invaluable work in keeping the pakset going. I'm also thinking of a quick'n'dirty model, adding just the lateral walls and a handful of details to the most basic platform. I'll see if I find the time in a recent future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauthier

Quoteinvaluable
This is too much, I did only quick'n dirty fixes so far.

I doubt that adding new but unfinished features to the pakset is a good thing, it can give a bad image to the pakset. Adding such models as addons (even recommanded addons) could be a better solution, no ?

mEGa

Hi community.
How time flies....
I do not have time anymore at present to continue these project.
I am so late that I don't even have to assimilate half-tile version.
Sorry guys ;)
Quote from: gauthier on February 22, 2015, 10:58:43 AM
I doubt that adding new but unfinished features to the pakset is a good thing, it can give a bad image to the pakset. Adding such models as addons (even recommanded addons) could be a better solution, no ?
I'm agree with you Gauthier.