News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

compiling on osx

Started by ojii, July 05, 2013, 12:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Ahh, thank you. Any chance of compiling 11.13 at some point? That would be much appreciated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

transporter

11.12 for Mac starts up, but freezes early on. After it has the initial load for the pakset, then select language, screen blanks and terminal freezes.

Loading BDF font 'font/cyr.bdf' Loading BDF font font/cyr.bdf with 65534 characters
Loading BDF font 'font/cyr.bdf'
Loading BDF font font/cyr.bdf with 65534 characters
Error: Cannot open 'font/wenquanyi_9pt.bdf'
modal_dialogue( sel, magic_none, NULL, no_language );
Loading BDF font 'font/Prop-Latin1.bdf'
Loading BDF font font/Prop-Latin1.bdf with 256 characters
Reading midi data ...
Midi disabled ...
2013-12-10 13:41:52.849 simutrans-experimental[15045:507] *** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 18446744073709551615 beyond bounds for empty array

jamespetts

What language are you selecting?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

transporter

English. But it doesn't seem to  matter what language I select

jamespetts

Hmm - curious. I am afraid that I do not have a Mac on which to test this. Has anyone else had this issue?

jamespetts

jamespetts

MCollett

Here is a Mac version of 11.31:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simutrans-experimental-11.31.zip

Incidentally, the
// Necessary for MinGW
#include "malloc.h"

in freight_list_sorter.cc still breaks the Mac build; I have to comment it out manually.
If, as the comment indicates, this is only needed for MinGW, it should be conditionally compiled inside an appropriate #ifdef so that it is only included for that system.

Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this - do you know the correct preprocessor directive for detecting MinGW?

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on May 16, 2014, 01:08:00 AM
do you know the correct preprocessor directive for detecting MinGW?

Looking inside the make file, there are various tests for
ifeq ($(OSTYPE),mingw)
but I can't see one that sets a preprocessor variable.

Matthew

prissi

I really wonder what a malloc.h should do there. It is not needed for mingw. Alloc routines should be in
<stdlib.h>

jamespetts