News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[GIT] Cann't build branch "way-improvements"

Started by O01eg, March 01, 2014, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O01eg

Branch: way-improvements, rev: 0e2606c7c53b01ed1ce59b48ac6604e82b634ce2
When I compiles simutrans-exp I get error:
===> CXX simworld.cc
simworld.cc: In member function 'void karte_t::distribute_cities(const settings_t*, sint16, sint16)':
simworld.cc:1134:47: error: 'MAXUINT32' was not declared in this scope

MAXUINT32 defines in dataobj/route.cc:

#include <limits.h>
#ifdef UINT_MAX
#define MAXUINT32 UINT_MAX
#endif

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

O01eg

GCC 4.7.3, OS is Gentoo Linux AMD64.

"112.5-merge" branch at 09e0a587913b4a9d4591e013801a04d28f58a58c cann't be built because of same error.

jamespetts

Hmm - can you try adding,

#include <limits.h>
#ifdef UINT_MAX
#define MAXUINT32 UINT_MAX
#else
# define MAXUINT32 4294,967295
#endif

to see whether that helps?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

O01eg

I add that code to simworld.h and remove from dataobj/route.cc so now it compiles successfully.

jamespetts

O01eg

When I build Britain Ex pakset (rev:497e956267b2bd99d23094971fead5a2d3bd2a18, branch: master) with makeobj from "way-improvements" I get error:
===> PAK128 london-underground
Makeobj version 55.2 for simutrans 112.5 Experimental 12.9000 and higher
FATAL ERROR: BR-Class485Front - More livery types (2) than liveries (2)!
Aborting program execution ...

O01eg

Looks like in "london-undergroud/br-cl485.dat" index 0 for images should be index 2:

EmptyImage[E][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.0
EmptyImage[SE][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.1
EmptyImage[S][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.2
EmptyImage[SW][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.3
EmptyImage[W][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.4
EmptyImage[NW][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.5
EmptyImage[N][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.6
EmptyImage[NE][0]=./images/br-cl485-nse.0.7

jamespetts

Which branch of Pak128.Britain-Ex are you using? The half-heights branch is optimised for the 112.5-merge and way-improvements branches of the code.

jamespetts

Might I suggest trying with the half-heights branch for use with the way-improvements branch of the code?

O01eg

I use it now but it looks different and terrain is more flat.

O01eg

Also is "workers live in:" removed from new versions of the simutrans at factory window? At http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=13289.msg131809#msg131809 it says that should be bug.

P.S. Number of cities in settings ignored and cities are very big at start.

jamespetts

It is supposed to look different and the terrain flatter: this implements the half/double heights code which permits far more realistic and fine-grained landscapes, involving two different heights of any given slope rather than one. You do need to double the mountain height and roughness settings when generating a map compared to previous versions, however, to get similar overall results.

The removal of "workers live in:" is not a bug, but part of a major new feature relating to passenger generation, which standardises the way in which passengers heading to all types of destination are handled. Industries and attractions are now treated in exactly the same way as commercial and industrial city buildings for passenger generation purposes, and therefore no longer have a fixed list of cities from which passengers may come.

As to the initial city generation algorithms, this, together with city growth, is known not to be working properly and it is planned to fix it before release.

jamespetts

Quote from: O01eg on March 01, 2014, 01:41:13 PM
I add that code to simworld.h and remove from dataobj/route.cc so now it compiles successfully.

I have now pushed this fix, albeit I have added the code to simunits.h rather than simworld.h. Thank you very much for this report.

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on March 03, 2014, 01:10:09 AM
I have now pushed this fix, albeit I have added the code to simunits.h rather than simworld.h. Thank you very much for this report.

112.5-merge, same problem.

Giuseppe