News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

City road construction and expansion

Started by Junna, August 26, 2015, 06:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Cities are invariably full of dead-end streets and nonsensical infrastructure.

When the city grows, intercity roads on diagonals are demolished and not connected (cities with diagonals will tend towards getting a lot of roads not connected to one-another eventually). As I recall Phillip (who went missing eventually...) fixed the code that made the diagonals warped, and this has worked fine for a while, but it seems that something now makes it behave in this fashion.

jamespetts

I will have to look into the disconnexion bug when I rework the city generation code in the future.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Given that the city generation code remodelling may well be postponed until after the next release, I have now looked into this. I have pushed what I believe may be a fix to this problem. I should be grateful if anyone could re-test it and confirm whether it is fixed.

I have also improved the choice made by cities of their bridges at the same time.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.