News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bug report and loss of data following update.

Started by HarrierST, October 24, 2017, 01:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrierST

I was going to file a bug report as follows:

"In April 1750 and can build mailboy and all  goods carrier  horses etc.  But can not build  any passenger carriers.

I should be able to build 3 types from Jan. 1750 (but they are shown in red).  I have built a coaching inn and lots of stops."

Before reporting the bug I updated to todays build.

On reloading the game, I have lost all my vehicles, except one. Plus all bus stops. Also when going into the depot - bus lorry trailer tabs are shown twice. Passenger carriers are still not available.

jamespetts

I cannot reproduce this, I am afraid - can you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced?

As to passenger carrying vehicles in 1750, you need to build the right type of horses to haul passenger coaches. To haul the stage coach in 1750, for example, you need at least 2 pairs of Friesian horses (or three pairs if your route is hilly). Once you buy these, you will be able to buy a coach.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

HarrierST

I had reverted back to build 12.2. On extracting the download again - it now works. My initial extraction must have been corrupted.

This is what the stable displayed.  The screenshot size is to big.

What it showed was 6 tabs:

Buses, Trucks, Trailers, Buses, Trucks, Trailers.

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know - perhaps the road vehicles did not extract. I am not clear on whether you think that any issues remain - can you clarify? If you think that issues do remain, I really will need a saved game in which those issues can reliably be reproduced in order to attempt to fix them.

I should also note that, if you have not updated in some time, you might also want to update the pakset if you have not already done so.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

HarrierST

Yes - it works as intended.  Must have been either  a corrupt save or corrupt zip extraction.

Aside.

I thought the pak-set and .exe were now downloaded together!

jamespetts

They can be downloaded together in the "complete" version, but you can also download them separately.

HarrierST

I have encountered the problem again and now know the cause. It was not a corrupt download or zip extraction.

I had saved the game while in public mode, before updating it. So on reloading - of course no vehicles etc. were available. As they are only available to the default and other players.