News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

When does factory capacity grow (and other questions)?

Started by zook2, January 05, 2014, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I seem to remember that factories (in vanilla Simutrans perhaps?) increase base output when used to capacity. I more or less understand the new system with passenger, mail and power boosts, but does the base value ever increase?

Also, sometimes I notice a maximum passenger boost (usually 80%) in a factory for one month, although I did not transport any. The next month it's back to normal, i.e. a few percent. What's going on there?

And while we're at it, what's the third "consumption" number in the main industry window? For example:
---------------------------------------
Consumption
- stone 183/1020/183t, 83%
---------------------------------------
The first is current storage, the second what's underway, the percentage is related to production, but what's "183t"? Is there a complete description of the current system?

Finally: is there a way to make the line management window remember which curves I had selected? I have a laptop with a small screen and I open and close the window all the time and it's annoying to have to select "Transported" every time I do.

jamespetts

I have moved this to the Simutrans Help Centre, as most of the questions relate to features which are unchanged from Standard.

The one question unique to Experimental is that in the second paragraph: the reason that passengers may be transported to a factory without any player involvement in Experimental is because they may walk there: in Experimental, passengers may walk any distance to their destination provided that the journey time at walking speed does not exceed half their journey time tolerance.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

As far as I know and have noticed, factory production rates are static, apart from passenger, mail and electricity boost. But once boosts reach 100 %, production is as high as you'll ever get.

The numbers are, if I remember right: current storage, in transit, storage capacity, and how much is consumed for each "production cycle".
For the production sections, they are: current storage, storage capacity, and how much is produced for each "production cycle".

kierongreen

Fields will increase capacity over time if a factory has them.

Ters

Ah, forgot about fields. Too long since I maxed them out I guess. And I guess fields are mostly used for primary producers, though I don't belive that is a requirement.