News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Subway: why passenger stations not allowed?

Started by Wheart, February 06, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheart

Hi!

Many months ago, I used to build subway as "standard" tram/rail tunnel and place stations inside. As far as I remember, it works till 112.1 or some CVS/SVN build of that time.

Now i switched to 112.3 and I can't build passenger station in underground mode (but freight station still can be built). Is it my build's fault or is it intended?

Simutrans 112.3 built from source on Linux (amd64), large map (1024x1024 if it can break anything), pak64.

Regards,
Wojciech

Ters

Did you also upgrade pak64 when you upgraded Simutrans? At some point it was made so that some buildings could be built underground and others couldn't (glass ceiling looks out of place underground). Pak64 has an underground-only passenger station, and has for some time. It's only available after 1950, though.

Wheart

Those round "glass ceilings" in underground mode just look like tunnel intersection ;)
Pak was upgraded with simutrans and for more safety - all simutrans versions are stored in separate folders named in style simutrans-version_number, so paks should match simutrans binary.

OK, i wait three more years building mainlines and try again.

Thank you :)

isidoro

If you don't want to wait, from a practical point of view, you can build a road/railway,etc. passenger stop at the same coordinates but on the surface and, since they are going to be the same station, you can load/unload passengers from the underground freight station...