News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

We are moving some of our sites

Started by IgorEliezer, March 02, 2013, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Hello,

A 3rd party server where some of our sites are hosted was infected by a virus. Then we decided to move everything from there for security reasons.

From today, we are moving all our sites, resources and material from the infected server to the servers under our control, more stable, and updating server addresses (if we are moving the sites, the addresses need to be redirected too). Our forum will not be moved since it's already on the good server, not infected and ours. We are taking all necessary security measures: fresh installs, testings, backups and whatnot, so our sites won't pose any risk.

During the next hours or days, you may experience some problems while we are moving the stuff and redirecting the site addresses, such as "server not responding", broken links, time-outs, instabilities etc.

Sorry for the mess, but it's necessary. :)

EDIT: A few more details here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11228.msg113421#msg113421

EDIT 2 (Wednesday, 6 March 2013, 01:02:06 UTC): Small edit with details.

An_dz

Just to clarify before someone else asks:
The Forum won't be moved because it's already in another server

IgorEliezer

Quote from: An_dz on March 02, 2013, 11:16:42 PM
The Forum won't be moved because it's already in another server
Well pointed out.

I wrote that post as if I was talking about something that is "outside", not "in" here.

greenling

Hello IgorEliezer
moves the japanes.simutrans.com too to Isac's server?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I believe everything has been *pointed* to my server, but not everything has been *moved*. We were caught somewhat by surprise on this, so it may take some time to gather up everyone who has responsibility for the various sites and get things moved over.

greenling

Sorry Isaac
that i have over your server have be talk.
Quote from: greenling on March 03, 2013, 08:08:50 PM
Hello IgorEliezer
moves the japanes.simutrans.com too to Isac's server?
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

greenling

Hello Isaac & Combuijs
what make the moving of the sites from grafic.simutrans.com?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Very sorry, it's just the automatic translation doesn't always work very well. :(

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on March 05, 2013, 04:07:56 AM
it's just the automatic translation doesn't always work very well. :(
I think that greenling should use another automatic translator. I believe Google Translator improved a little bit.

Quote from: greenling on March 04, 2013, 06:21:19 PM
that i have over your server have be talk.
hehe... my guess: your server is not responding, if it doesn't respond that's because it can't talk. ;)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ah, if that's the case, then:

japanese.simutrans.com - the japanese community is seeking someone who can move the site over. If they cannot find anyone, we will try to do it - but the language problem is even worse when trying to move a website with a database... especially since japanese is written in kanji instead of the latin alphabet!

graphics.simutrans.com - I think there is someone moving that over. I believe that's one of the subdomains I created recently on the server.

Ultimately, it will take time to get everything moved over, unfortunately. That's the ultimate answer.

VS

Graphics (gsc) will take longest, since there is the database to work with, too...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: IgorEliezer on March 05, 2013, 05:18:06 AM
I think that greenling should use another automatic translator. I believe Google Translator improved a little bit.
hehe... my guess: your server is not responding, if it doesn't respond that's because it can't talk. ;)

IMO greenling does not use an online translator at all. Google (or others) would provide much better results. Instead he translates his (oftentimes already awkward) German sentences into English, word by word (which of course doesn't work, since German and English grammar and word order are different) and as often as not, he chooses the wrong translation if a word has several different meanings, and therefor several different possible translations.

The problem with online translators is: they require you to write a correct sentence in the original language first- something greenling is already ... let's say "challenged" with.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Japanese User

Hello, Isaac.Eiland-Hall.
Maybe Jananese administrator is busy so he can't move the site. (He is looking for new administrator because he is busy.)
So please move the Japanese wiki.
Japanese forum can wait because it isn't often used.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Thank you, but I have already been contacted by someone who will work on it.

greenling

IgorEliezer

Just to inform the sites that were moved to our server and are ready for people to use:

128.simutrans.com
graphics.simutrans.com
japanese.simutrans.com
forum.japanese.simutrans.com
maps.simutrans.com
svnlogs.simutrans.com
translator.simutrans.com (link redirect)
www.simutrans.com

Other sites such as addons and blog will be moved as we get spare time to work on them.

Seeya. :)

EDIT: Typo'ed

VS

Graphics should be back online.

Please report any oddities, malformed data, missing files etc. I think 2-3 files are still "lost" due to filename conflict.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

HDomos

Quote from: VS on March 12, 2013, 08:36:29 PM
Graphics should be back online.

Please report any oddities, malformed data, missing files etc. I think 2-3 files are still "lost" due to filename conflict.

Is this count as oddity?  :)
QuoteGraphics Archive

Hello, visitor! The Graphics Archive is temporarily unreachable.

We will come back online, once a certain VS guy has enough time to find out about database access and such.

At least some good news - nearly all data is safe!
This is what it says when i open it...

IgorEliezer

Probably an odd VS needs to fix it since a certain VS could not. ;)

An_dz

At least the images are working. The old SMSC polls now load the images.

VS

Oh. If you go to index.php, it should work. I will delete the page asap.

greenling

Hello VS
by the graphics.simutrans.com gives a problem the PNGfiles not more viewable.
graphics.simutrans.com want have a password.

Edit: The Download from PNG and Datfiles working not.
Edit2: It Possible to give me a account to?