News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[devel-new 3b08e6] - Waiting for load while goods exists.

Started by O01eg, February 15, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O01eg

The vehicles at "Ashmouth Grain Farm Stop" waiting for load amount time but the stop has required goods.

savegame: https://yadi.sk/d/kp1WQgdlegzsP

jamespetts

Are the goods in question bound for this particular vehicle's destination?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

O01eg

Yes, there is a trouble. The vehicle's destination is "Ashmouth Grain Farm Stop" but it is already at this stop.

jamespetts

This is normal: a vehicle will always show the current stop as its "destination" in the convoy information window when it is loading. Are the goods bound for the next stop on its schedule?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Aquin

No, that is still normal, the destination doesn't change until the vehicle leaves the station.
Is the grain farm connected to more than one consumer? intentionally or not? And are these consumers served by different lines?
If yes, what can happen is the following:
Goods waiting for Mill A: 0,
Goods waiting for Mill B: 130,

if now the waiting truck is from line A it will never get any grain to deliver because even if Mill A starts ordering, the farm cannot put any additional grain on the stop.

What to do? Send the waiting truck on an empty loop such that a truck from the other line can clear some cargo from the stop.
How to avoid further occurences?
- A larger stop capacity can help
- Better adjustment of the vehicle numbers to the amout of goods per line
- Combine both lines to one
- Distinct stops for each line

O01eg

Quote from: jamespetts on February 15, 2015, 07:50:32 PM
Are the goods bound for the next stop on its schedule?
Yes, the next stop in schedule is the same as goods destination.
Quote from: Aquin on February 15, 2015, 07:55:39 PM
Is the grain farm connected to more than one consumer?
No, there is a one consumer for grain. But there two lines connecting the stop at the farm and the stop at the consumer. The second line for passengers and mail.

Aquin

Hmmm, strange.

And when trying to load the game I get an fatal error:

settings_t::rdwr() - Too many (24943) city roads!

jamespetts

Quote from: Aquin on February 15, 2015, 08:27:14 PM
Hmmm, strange.

And when trying to load the game I get an fatal error:

settings_t::rdwr() - Too many (24943) city roads!

Are you using the release version or a self-compiled version from the devel-new branch?

jamespetts

I have now managed to fix this, and I have pushed the fix to devel-new: this was caused by expecting a faster convoy to arrive, which will not, of course, happen if the current convoy and the next convoy are both set to wait_for_load.

NewJando

Just for info, I'm seeing this (same bug?) in Experimental 11.35 as well. But it also happens on stations that are only served by 1 convoy (ship) on 1 line.  It seems like ships that are waiting for load are only checking for load once every hour waiting time or so. In my cases - I have several ships that show the bug - they are configured to wait via the standard Simutrans waiting time, not via the Experimental convoy spacing mechanism.

(And hello, this is an older poster here. Posted as Jando in the past, for some reason my account doesn't seem to be working.)