News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

(0.9.1) Fruit Cannery upgrade

Started by zook2, February 03, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

A message told me that a producing fruit cannery had been upgraded to a fruit cannery (in 1892). It now consumes steel instead of wrought iron and apparently, its remaining storage of iron was changed to steel. Unfortunately, it is still linked only to an ironworks, which does not produce steel.

jamespetts

Have you let the game run for a further month to see whether it will relink at the beginning of the next month?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

No luck. The ironworks is still linked.

zook2

It finally relinked, after a year or so.

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know. I shall have to look into making the relinkings quicker. This is a code issue rather than a pakset issue, however, so I am moving this thread to the appropriate forum.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

zook2

This may not really be a bug, but I noticed that the cannery from my original post, while linked to a steel mill now, is still linked to the ironworks, which still produces wrought iron. This is not a gameplay problem, but an incorrect link and I wonder whether this could cause a code hiccup at some point, maybe in a different situation.

jamespetts

Hmm, this may be a bug. I shall have to look into this. Thank you for your report.

DrSuperGood

It also appears such industries keep a log of all their former products. For example on the multiplayer server most Builder's Yards still have graphs for Stone and Wrought Iron despite neither being consumed for several decades.

I am guessing new products are appended to the chart system yet old ones never are removed (they leak)? I understand the graphs around the immediate time of replacement as there still may be in-transit amount however once in-transit and consumption for a good no longer used by an industry reaches 0 (the graphs are empty) then it should remove the good from the graphing system. This would appear overall neater to users and also save on some memory (and possibly save size? not sure if the graphs for un-used goods are saved).

jamespetts

I have just been looking into older bug reports to see what may still be outstanding. Has anyone been able to reproduce anything like this recently?