News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Release candidate

Started by jamespetts, June 30, 2012, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

I'm finding that platforms compiled with the "allow_underground=1" tag are not visible in the "railway tools" window in-game. Here's some sample dat code; any idea what I might be doing wrong?

obj=building
name=wa-platform-2
Type=stop
waytype=track
copyright=wa
NoInfo=1
Dims=1,1,16
enables_pax=1
Level=3
allow_underground=1
cursor=platform-2.4.1
icon=> platform-2.4.0
BackImage[0][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.0.0
BackImage[1][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.0.1
BackImage[2][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.1.0
BackImage[3][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.1.1
BackImage[4][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.2.0
BackImage[5][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.2.1
BackImage[6][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.3.0
BackImage[7][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.3.1
FrontImage[8][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.0.2
FrontImage[9][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.0.3
FrontImage[10][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.1.2
FrontImage[11][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.1.3
FrontImage[12][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.2.2
FrontImage[13][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.2.3
FrontImage[14][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.3.2
FrontImage[15][0][0][0][0]=platform-2.3.3

jamespetts

They should be visible in underground mode - have you tried this?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

Ah, I see the problem -- they are visible in underground mode, but not in *sliced* underground mode -- and I had only so far looked at the latter. It would be good to be able to view them in sliced mode too, however, since sometimes the underground tracks one is looking for are hiding underneath other tracks.

jamespetts

Hmm - I shall have to look into this. Thank you for spotting that!

jamespetts

I have pushed a fix for this to my -devel branch: feedback would be appreciated!

Carl

A quick small query/request that didn't seem worth its own topic.

In the advanced settings menu, in the Experimental=>Passengers tab, the "min dist tiles" value for long distance passengers appears to have a maximum value of 1000. On large maps, however, it's plausible that one might want to set this value higher than 1000 tiles. Would it be possible for the limit on this value to be raised? (I know this can be set higher in simuconf.tab, but that doesn't help if one wants to raise the value above 1000 in an existing save).

jamespetts

jamespetts

asaphxiix

convoy 116 serving line 59 - is waiting to load passengers in leeds - even though the station is full. once the waiting time finishes - he will load the pax full and go.

http://host03.pipebytes.com/get.php?key=103158100399867

Carl

Convoys using the "convoy spacing" feature will not load until 10 minutes before their scheduled departure time. If you find that the station is full before that, the best course of action is to increase the frequency of service - or just turn off convoy spacing and set the vehicle to leave when 100% full.

asaphxiix

ӔO

can the line management window be widened a bit?
the graphs have a problem with displaying numbers over 3 digits at the sides.

it's hard to tell between $50,000.00 and $5000.00, since only 000.00 will be displayed
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

Quote from: carlbaker on October 15, 2012, 07:47:08 PM
Convoys using the "convoy spacing" feature will not load until 10 minutes before their scheduled departure time. If you find that the station is full before that, the best course of action is to increase the frequency of service - or just turn off convoy spacing and set the vehicle to leave when 100% full.

In previous versions, the convoy would fill (to the minimum load specified) and leave early if enough pax were loading. It seems that now there's nothing tying minimum load and spacing, you rather have to choose whether to space by schedule or load, but without a combination of both much micro is involved.

I thought the reason 400% was given there was to force the convoy to waiting even if it fills. it would be better to have a chance for early departure in such a case, no? convoy spacing is very important in low pax stops, since you don't wanna lose too much money, but you wanna keep the waiting time reasonable. If the station becomes full (a train just arrived for instance), it could be good to get a move on automatically and not wait while the station is full. Then again, IRL we have schedules that are kept, and pax can only wish loads are considered.

Carl

Hi asaphxiix,

The thinking behind the new feature is as follows. If pax board vehicles too early, they may miss the opportunity to board a different service which leaves sooner. So a passenger might board a service which doesn't leave for another half-hour, even though there will be a different service to their destination which arrives and leaves sooner. In my experience, things can get somewhat messed up if pax are allowed to board whenever they like, and not allowing them to board until 10 minutes before departure avoids this for the most part.

What's more, I'm tempted to think that the cases where the station fills up early can often be avoided by tailoring the service to the level of demand. Also, don't forget about "max wait for load", which -- in conjunction with a minimum load of 100% -- behaves almost exactly as you describe.

That said, it has already been agreed that this new feature should be made optional on a per-line basis. (Some people like it, some people don't, and there's no reason to alienate one or the other group. People play in different ways, after all.) So we're hoping to introduce a tickbox that would turn it off for a particular line. However, I'm not at all sure that I have the capability to code this, as I had previously suggested... will look into it again soon.

Milko

Hello James

I have seen that ras52 has published fix on his sim-ex repository (branch city-population and devel branch) but are not included in your release candidate.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Hmm - I have merged all of Richard's work on the -devel branch (the latest being a fix for the display of prices in the depot and replacer windows, which I have merged just now). There is work that Richard has done on his city-population branch, but I have not merged that, as that work needs to be incorporated into a wider review of the relationship between city sizes and passenger numbers before being incorporated, which will need to be done after the next release, as this will be a significant new feature.

Milko

Hello

The purchase price of the aircraft are very low.

Edit: updating text and config files and building the last github 0.8.4 version prices appear as (null), updating text and config files and using your 0.8.4 prices simutrans crash.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

This was a problem in older versions, now fixed in the latest development versions. Apologies that I have not had the time lately to finish work on 0.9, but I shall prepare it when I have an opportunity.

Milko

Hello James

I compiled myself the last exp -devl version and I built myself pak brit exp -master.

I think there is another problem (follow the blue arrow). The cost i not correct, the cost continues to change over time (if I leave the mouse pointing is constantly changing and very fast).

The red arrow indicates a text that seems to be wrong ... is a translation problem?

The text shown in the ellipses are not translatable in simutranslator.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Giuseppe,

hmm - I can't reproduce the issue with the cost, I'm afraid. It's rather odd: I get 50,000c for that aircraft in the development version of Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0. Are you sure that you are compiling yours with the -devel branch's version of Makeobj?

As to the translation texts: LOCO_CAP should already be translatable, as ought "Pulls:" (although I have re-added the latter to the list to be uploaded). I have now added the new texts to be translated for the next version to Simutranslator to enable translators to prepare translation texts for the next version. I hope that this helps!

Milko

Hello James

I'm unable to compile the makeobj. I used a makeobj dated 28/07/2012, Probably is not a compatible version.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Ahh, that is the problem, I think.

Carl

Quote from: Milko on October 26, 2012, 07:13:42 AM
Hello James

I'm unable to compile the makeobj. I used a makeobj dated 28/07/2012, Probably is not a compatible version.

Giuseppe
Here is a recently compiled version of makeobj which should be compatible: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61716/Makeobj-new.exe

(James -- I hope you don't mind me posting this!)

jamespetts

Not at all - anything to help the testing process. I am not entitled to object in any event, as this is all open source.

I do hope to be able formally to release the next version soon, but I need a substantial block of time in which to do so.

Milko

Hello

Using carlbaker's makeobj the problem is solved!  :)

Thank's

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

The cost problem is a translation problem:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10705.msg103086#msg103086

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Please note that there has now been an official release of version 10.12, and those using the release candidate builds are encouraged to upgrade.

sdog

Congratulations! This has been a very major release!

Carl

I second this -- many thanks to James (and Bernd, too!) for their hard work in making this big step forward possible.

jamespetts

Thank you; thank you also to all of those who have helped with it, both testing and coding - it is much appreciated.

ӔO

Excellent work!

It's pretty easy to see how much work was put into it by the sheer size of the fixes/changes list
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: