Ah, here I will place my suggestion to define a common hotkey (for all paksets) for each of these functions:
- build a simple signal
- build a bus stop (repeat last type, excluding mail and freight - but that needs code support, I guess)
- build a train station tile (repeat last type)
I have some other ideas that may require changes to the program:
- in underground mode, have 's'/'t' select the last road/railway tunnel, respectively, instead of doing nothing
- hotkey to build a bridge (for the same type of transport as was last built/selected, using the last built/selected bridge type).
- hotkey for way remover (for the same type of transport as was last built/selected)
I use the keys a t e s r v b m " U p most often, then w W u ^u d f M + - ! % ^o ^s, and occasionally R z P g l c / , . # (in pak64 and pak64.german, which have essentially the same hotkeys).