News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[112.0] Can't build many old stops on underground way/track

Started by z9999+, October 29, 2012, 07:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999+

For example with pak128.japan, I can build only 2 of 7 stops on underground track.
Half of addons of our japanese wiki can't build on underground way/track.

besch/reader/building_reader.cc:339

if(  version<=6  ) {
// only stops were allowed underground
besch->allow_underground = besch->utype==haus_besch_t::generic_stop ? 2 : 0;
}

This should be

if(  version<=6  ) {
// set to default value
besch->allow_underground = 2;
}

Because...
1. utype of many old stops are not generic_stop. They will be set to generic_stop later in register_obj().
2. In building_writer.cc, default value of allow_underground is 2. allow_underground of all generic_extension buildings build with makeobj55 are still 2. This should be the same to old buildings. No need to set to zero here.

prissi

That sounds reasonable. However, makeobj may need better defaults too.

greenling

prissi
I think that the allow_underground be better it in the Config.files to park.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

Making all buildings buildable underground seems like overkill and will often be strange.

For 1, the code for setting old style stops to generic_stop in register_obj() should also set allow_underground = 2.

greenling

Ters
Quote from: Ters on October 29, 2012, 05:07:26 PM
Making all buildings buildable underground seems like overkill and will often be strange.
For 1, the code for setting old style stops to generic_stop in register_obj() should also set allow_underground = 2.
No.
I need the parameter entry allow_underground = 2 in the Simutrans.exe and in Makeobj.exe,
because i have many old Station addon s, they than not more work in Simutrans 112. >:-O >:-O >:-O >:-O
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Ters

If they have worked before, whatever allowed them to be built underground before should now give them allow_underground = 2.

If there are old addons that couldn't be built underground before, but you want to build underground now, you'll need newer versions of them.

Allowing everything is absurd, would confuse other players, and probably cause them to post here for it to be fixed.

greenling

Ters
Your Ideas bringing nothing.
I have from some old Station addons no png and dats more.
That it a point, that you have forget.
And i do not hacking a old pakfile without the consent of the owner.

Ters

What you're asking for is the removal of all locks in the world just because you don't have the key to one or a few rooms you don't have the key for. I want my locks.

greenling

I can not update the old station addon there i have not have the PNG and dat files.

Ters

But have you lost anything? Is there something that used to work, that now doesn't?

greenling

Ters
Here some example what not more work right!
All Stations in Pakgerman work not more right!
Many Stations from Vilvoh work not more right!
http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/07853.0/index.html#msg70979
Many Stations from Timothy work not more right!
Many Stations from Japanenes Simutrans Fan work not more right!
Many Stations from the CZ repuplic Simutrans fans work not more right!
Many Stations out pak128.german work not more right!
And Some more!

sdog

greenling, those stations, were they ever meant to be built underground? You ought to to see the advantage of the change: While you lose the ability to build some stations underground, you will get many new specific underground stations.

translation
greenling: Waren diese Bahnhoefe jemals als unterirdische vorgesehen? Du solltest auch den Vorteil der Neuerung sehen: Zwar verlierst du die moeglichkeit einige stationen unterirdisch zu errichten, dafuer bekommst du viele neue u-bahnhoefe.

Ters

Have you checked with the latest nightly? There has been a change according to my first post in this topic that should allow more really old stops/stations to be built underground.

greenling

ON All
Sorry.
The Simutrans gdi Nightly from 30 october was not available.
I can only Make test with both Simutrans Nightly.
With only on of Simutrans nightly it not sure that all ok it.
Also have no programmer said how the new parameter in the dat install.

Fifty

I put this report in this topic - I am unsure if it is related or fixed by now.

In netgames, it is impossible to build stations underground. I can build the stations on an offline game, but any station I try to build in a tunnel online leads to an immediate desync, and when you return to the game, the station is gone. This occurs in both pak 128 and pak 64, and has been confirmed by other players.

Backwards compatibility is needed for older addons and paksets. Paks without a parameter should by default be allowed to be built anywhere. (Edit: by this I mean old stations should be able to be built anywhere, station extensions, no)
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Ters

Quote from: Fifty on November 01, 2012, 08:32:22 PM
Backwards compatibility is needed for older addons and paksets. Paks without a parameter should by default be allowed to be built anywhere. (Edit: by this I mean old stations should be able to be built anywhere, station extensions, no)

The code does that today, or at least tries to. A bit broken for the oldest stuff in the stable release, but that should be fixed in nightly. As for multiplayer stuff, I don't have a clue.

EDIT:
When I write "code", I meant the game. If old dats are fed to a new makeobj, makeobj seems to produce a pak that can be built both above and below ground.

prissi

The code fails, because building only succeeds on the local client (and any other client in same underground mode). Will be hopefully fixed in next nightly.

Fifty

Thank you, prissi. Is there any way that Timothy might be able to apply this patch to the server, or will we just need to wait for the next release? It is a rather large problem for multiplayer.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

greenling

Gives for the new Parameter: allow_underground = 2. a Solution,
that the use from old Station addons in the new simutrans 112 supports? ???