Do you pay attention to the forum stats?http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=stats
To be honest, that thing looks like a hellish soup of numbers. But... behold, I made some graphics:
(click to expand)
I've been following it for ages. Interesting to see how it behaves as the time passes by, and how certain things influence the stats.The highlights:
- New posts/topics: May, June and July are the least active months, probably due to summer vacations. Winter months (near new year's eve) are the most active, why?
- New members: big drop in 2011. Probably due to anti-spam measures. Small peak in November 2012, not sure why; I would need to check out the posts of this period to see.
- Most online: there's no consistent behavior.
- Page views: surely there's a steady increase of page views. It may show how the forum has been accessed by visitors from the Internet (and how we are known in the Internet) since a small amount of visitors opt for creating a forum account (~5%). The peak is in November 2012 with 1,096,183 views. There's a possibility that March will close with 1.1~1.2 M views.
- All: The graphs start from November because the forum crashed at 10-October-2009, hence it can't return any stats prior to that date.