News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Notification e-mails - is it just me?

Started by jamespetts, July 07, 2013, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have noticed that my notification e-mails seem to have stopped working properly: I do not seem to be getting e-mails of most of my subscribed topics, although a few seem to be coming through intermittently. Is it just me having this problem (in which case, it might be at my end, and I should investigate it), or is this a problem with the forum?

Edit: I have just checked - they were going to my spam folder for some reason. Does anyone have any idea why it would suddenly start doing this? I am using Yahoo! Mail. Has anyone else who uses Yahoo! Mail had this problem recently?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

Perhaps Yahoo! users started flagging our e-mails as spam and then Yahoo! "automagically" blacklisted us? It's my guess.

I still receive notifications in my gmail account with no problem. I recommend adding your e-mail address in your white-list, list of trustful e-mail addresses or whatever it is called in the Yahoo! mail to fix the problem, at least for you. :)

jamespetts

I went through my spam archive and clicked on "not spam" in respect of all the old Simutrans forum messages. This seems to have worked for now.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

As spam and malware become more and more sophisticated, measures against them become tighter and tighter. Guilty until proven otherwise.