- Larger population doesn't help. I have tried from 1500 up to 10 000.
- More buildings doesn't help.
- Super flat terrain doesn't help
I some times get ONE city larger than one city hall...
The opening map (shown behind the banner) is never larger than one city hall.
There must be something fundamental wrong here... I came to think of one thing. I only have one road type defined and if I have more, how does Simutrans know which one is the "city" road?
I made one interesting observation...
- I copied the city hall images and .dat file from PAK128, then suddenly a road network was generated for each town (still not more buildings).
- I removed all city hall configurations but one in the .dat file, still same result, a city road network.
- BUT, when I changed the city hall size from dim=2,2 to dim=1,1 No city roads where generated.
So to make a city grow, the city hall must be minimum 2,2?!? I guess this "feature" is in the cityrules.tab file or?!?